Scite Keywords

strate

When typing in scite it will create a drop down of functions that match the spelling of the current word, how was this made? Is this something that can be created with autoit?

INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

FYI:

I have a list of the 3000 most mispelled words in the english language and wanna make a spell checker with it.

i was actually asked to implement a spell checker today for this stupid encoder/decoder i made for this couple at work. I just used the spellchecker from office, i'll put it in a quote so i can color the spellcheck test vs. the rest of the code. to run the code, beta is required, as is MSWord. If you have a diff office product (just excel, outlook, or whatever) you can just change the Word.application to Excel.application etc...

#include<guiconstants.au3>

#include<array.au3>

Opt("GUIOnEventMode",1)

Opt("GUICloseOnESC",0)

HotKeySet("{ESC}","HIDE")

If FileExists(@MyDocumentsDir & "\ep") Then

Global $pass = FileReadLine(@MyDocumentsDir & "\ep")

Else

Global $pass = InputBox("Password Not Saved","Enter password you would like to use to decrypt text")

FileWriteLine(@MyDocumentsDir & "\ep",$pass)

EndIf

Global $gui = GUICreate("blah",300,300)

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "CLOSEClicked")

Global $tb = GUICtrlCreateEdit("",10,10,280,250,BitOR($ES_MULTILINE,$ES_WANTRETURN,$ES_AUTOVSCROLL))

Global $btn = GUICtrlCreateButton(".",10,270,280)

GUICtrlSetOnEvent($btn,"encdec")

GUISetState()

Global $ed = 0

while 1

sleep(100)

WEnd

Func CloseClicked()

Exit

EndFunc

Func encdec()

Select

Case $ed = 1

decfunc()

$ed = 0

case Else

encfunc()

$ed = 1

EndSelect

EndFunc

Func encfunc()

$contents = GUICtrlRead($tb)

$ToSC = StringSplit($contents," ")

$oWord = ObjCreate("Word.application")

For $WordCounter = 1 to $ToSC[0]

If Not $oWord.CheckSpelling($ToSC[$WordCounter]) Then

$newword = InputBox("Illiterate Bastard",$ToSC[$WordCounter] & " is apparently something you just pulled out of your ass. Please type in what you meant.",$ToSC[$WordCounter])

$ToSC[$WordCounter] = $newword

EndIf

Next

$oWord.quit

$contents = _ArrayToString($ToSC," ",1,UBound($ToSC))

Global $new = ""

For $a = 1 to StringLen($contents)

$power = 4

$number = asc(StringMid($contents,$a,1))

While $number > 0

If $number >= 3^$power Then

If $power < 0 Then ExitLoop

$new = $new & Floor($number/3^$power)

$number = $number - (3 ^ $power * Floor($number/3^$power))

Else

$new = $new & "0"

EndIf

If $number <= 3 ^ $power Then $power = $power - 1

WEnd

While mod(StringLen($new),5)

$new = $new & "0"

WEnd

Next

ControlSetText("blah","",$tb,$new)

EndFunc

Func decfunc()

$try = ""

While $try <> $pass

$try = InputBox("Password Required","Please enter password to decrypt text","********","*")

WEnd

$msg = ""

$contents = GUICtrlRead($tb)

While StringLen($contents) > 0

$number = StringLeft($contents,5)

$tmp = 0

for $y = 0 to 5

$tmp = $tmp + Int(StringMid($number,stringlen($number)-$y,1))*3^$y

Next

$msg = $msg & chr($tmp)

$contents = StringRight($contents,StringLen($contents)-5)

WEnd

ControlSetText("blah","",$tb,$msg)

EndFunc

Func HIDE()

If $ed = 0 Then

encdec()

EndIf

WinSetState("blah","",@SW_MINIMIZE)

EndFunc

Edited by cameronsdad

i was actually asked to implement a spell checker today for this stupid encoder/decoder i made for this couple at work. I just used the spellchecker from office, i'll put it in a quote so i can color the spellcheck test vs. the rest of the code. to run the code, beta is required, as is MSWord. If you have a diff office product (just excel, outlook, or whatever) you can just change the Word.application to Excel.application etc...

Would this work in the same fasion as Scite? I'd like to use it all day while here at work.
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

• Moderators

FYI:

I have a list of the 3000 most mispelled words in the english language and wanna make a spell checker with it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Would this work in the same fasion as Scite? I'd like to use it all day while here at work.

not the drop down capability, that would be tougher for sure. What program are you wanting to add the feature to? you couldn't just do it for ALL programs, because there wouldn't always be controls that could be interacted with the same way. If you want, i can make you something for word, if you attach your 3k word list (i'm assuming it's a list of the correct spelling) i can make it so that if you're using word, you'll get a list of some fashion, based on the word that you're currently typing, from that list...

not the drop down capability, that would be tougher for sure. What program are you wanting to add the feature to? you couldn't just do it for ALL programs, because there wouldn't always be controls that could be interacted with the same way. If you want, i can make you something for word, if you attach your 3k word list (i'm assuming it's a list of the correct spelling) i can make it so that if you're using word, you'll get a list of some fashion, based on the word that you're currently typing, from that list...

Actually I want it to check against all user input thru the keyboard. I've been thinking about it for a while and was thinking about it logging key punches then putting together the string between spaces, make sense?

Actually I want it to check against all user input thru the keyboard. I've been thinking about it for a while and was thinking about it logging key punches then putting together the string between spaces, make sense?

yes, and it is possible to do it that way, BUT, the potential for abuse (keyloggers) is too great for me to help with that approach. That is not the only way to do what you want to do, and personally i don't think it's even the best way. If you attach your list of words, i can make you a solution that you can try to adapt if you like.

yes, and it is possible to do it that way, BUT, the potential for abuse (keyloggers) is too great for me to help with that approach. That is not the only way to do what you want to do, and personally i don't think it's even the best way. If you attach your list of words, i can make you a solution that you can try to adapt if you like.

Yeah I will. I always have a hard time attaching so just a min.

EDIT: I gave the one with just a thousand. It would be annoying for it to pop up with every word. I agree with the keylogger statement. I assumed that there were better ways but that was the first one that came to mind to see if I'd like it.

Edited by strate