Minecraft server window (Java) becomes unresponsive to MouseClick and Send - (Locked)

Jont

Hi all.

I run a Minecraft server for my son and his pals.

I'm using AutoIt overnight to shut down the Minecraft server cleanly, back up the Minecraft world, and restart the server. The server is implemented in Java, and so is a completely opaque window of class SunAwtFrame with no controls, but I give it focus with WinActivate(), click in the command field with MouseClick() - having worked out where to click with the help of WinGetPos() - and Send the command to stop the server with Send(), so it all works...half the time...

However, half the time the the WinActivate() and WinGetPos() work, but then the MouseClick() and the Send() appear to do absolutely nothing whatsover. Even the simplest The mouse cursor doesn't even move. But, curiously, if I restart the server manually, it then becomes amenable to the MouseClick() and Send() again. But what could it be about the state of the Minecraft window that prevent even the mouse movement from working?

Any ideas what's going on, or how I can work around this very odd behaviour?

I've attached a vastly simplified script which exhibits the problem.

Cheers, Jont.

test.au3

Here's the simple script that exhibits the problem:

Local $mcSpec="[TITLE:Minecraft server; CLASS:SunAwtFrame]"

WinActivate($mcSpec)    ; Always works
Local $pos=WinGetPos($mcSpec)    ; Always works
MouseClick("primary",$pos[0]+$pos[2]-30,$pos[1]+$pos[3]-30)   ; Doesn't work when the problem occurs
Send("/say Automation comms tested and working{ENTER}",0)   ; Doesn't work when the problem occurs, even if the text field aready has focus

• Developers

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked.

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

The Moderation team

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)