How to start?

Hei,

I just downloaded auto it v3. Unfortunately I have no clue how to use it :lmao:

I read the faq and I also read the instruction but somehow I don't get it.

I wanted to get started by trying some scripts that are postet in the forum but that doesn't work either. How can I put a script code intro auto it and then run it?

And can you tell me how I can change the coordinates of the mouse in this mouse clicking thing? How do I know the coordinates? Or do I just put the mouse where it should be and save the location?

Sorry, I'm really a greenhorn in this! I hope you can help me! :">

Thanks, Nocturnal Wanderer

One of the best ways to start would be to get an editor like SciTE (link in my signature)

The help file has a lot of examples, and if in playing around with those you still have problems, many here will help

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Yes, using SCITE would help. Also check out this tutorial by LxP:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19434

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

• Moderators

There are some practice scripts in the help file to help you get aquainted with the different Keywords / Variables / and UDFs (User Defined Functions).

It's best to download SciTe as an editor since your so new to programming, which will help you to check for errors and such.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...nstallation.htm

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.php

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

One of the best ways to start would be to get an editor like SciTE (link in my signature)

The help file has a lot of examples, and if in playing around with those you still have problems, many here will help

hei, thanx for your answer :lmao:

What can I do with the editor? Can you tell me how I can use the sripts that are postet here? Like I despriped (by just entering the code somewhere)

• Moderators

What can I do with the editor? Can you tell me how I can use the sripts that are postet here? Like I despriped (by just entering the code somewhere)

It's best to download from the link I gave you and read the tutorial from LxP as was stated, then after attempts if any failures, then post the questions you have. Right now your questions are so broad, that it would take more time explaining it than you reading it.

Put forth some effort, and the forum will be glad to help.

Also... to get Coordinates you can use the AutoInfo tool that was provided with yoru AutoIt download.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Download SCITE here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfil...iTe4AutoIt3.exe

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

It's best to download from the link I gave you and read the tutorial from LxP as was stated, then after attempts if any failures, then post the questions you have. Right now your questions are so broad, that it would take more time explaining it than you reading it.

Put forth some effort, and the forum will be glad to help.

Also... to get Coordinates you can use the AutoInfo tool that was provided with yoru AutoIt download.

great! This tutorial seems to be great, thanx a lot! ;)

Acutally now it's really late I should go to sleep :lmao: , I'll read it tomorrow and if something comes up I'll post it here!

Thanx a lot for your support so far!! o:)

• Moderators

You're welcome, and welcome to the forums.