7/02/2021: Uploaded a new release candidate of the new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v21.203.1500.3

Jos

• Developers

15-03-2021 Installer, SciTE, Tidy & au3stripper are all recompiled with the latest updates for PellesC/Visual Studio & NSIS to get rid of the false positives, and are now uploaded.

16-03-2021 uploaded the "Final" release candidate v21.316.1639.0 which will be move to production when there aren't any real issues in it.
For those that downloaded the AV fixed installer uploaded yesterday evening: Make sure you reinstall with this one as that version created a wrong "SCITE_USERHOME" environment settings as the new NSIS used the "%ProgramData%" variable in stead of the "%LocalAppData%" variable!

4/02/2021: Uploaded a release candidate  of the new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer.

It has been over a year since the last update of the full SciTE4AutoIt3 installer which mainly had to do with the fact that Neil was moving toward v5 of SciTE and there weren't many functional changes in SciTE v4 other than to support the different setup of the Lexers to be used in V5.
The included SciTE version is now v4.4.6 and the VC15 build was changed from "Win sdk 7 & Toolset v141_xp"  to "Win sdk 8.1 & Toolset v141", So I am not sure if it will still run on the older WinXP version. The upcoming V5 version of SciTE will likely drop WinXP altogether.
This v4.4.6 version wasn't available before so still needs proper testing for a couple of days to ensure everything works before I release it.

Any help with testing this version before general release is appreciated.
Also any feedback is welcome in case I missed something or suggestions for improvement before releasing.

==> SciTE4AutoIt3 v21.203.1500.1

UPDATE 4/02/2021:

• Changed back to "Win sdk 7 & Toolset v141_xp" to maintain WinXP compatibility for SciTE& Scilexer.dll
  • Updates SciTE source to support v141_xp toolset.
  • added check in NSIS installer to check for msvcp140.dll and point to Microsoft Downloads to install vc_redist.x86.exe or else SciTE won't run.

UPDATE 6/02/2021:

• Restored fix for avoiding locking directory.
  • Few other minor fixes in properties files.

UPDATE 7/02/2021:

• AutoIt3Wrapper  v19.1127.1402.28 Fixed regression creating duplicate resource entries.

Enjoy,
Jos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02-??-2021
*** Merged the SciTE v 4.4.6 by Neil Hodgson with our own version of SciTE. (Jos)
    - Change the workdir to the programdir to avoid locking up the last opened scriptfile directory.
    - Fixed Bom checking bug resulting to garbage characters in the editor for UTF encoded file other than UTF8
    - Dropped support for WinXP (Compiled with vc15, Win sdk 8.1, Toolset v141)
    - Compiled with vc15 and changed SSE instruction set to ia86 compatible.
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v19.1127.1402.0 (Jos)
    - 19.1127.1402.1 added clear errors when Tidy is ran with Ctrl+T.
    - 19.1127.1402.2 Avoid running Tidy for a second time when script needs to be run with #RequireAdmin in elevated mode.
    - 19.1127.1402.5 Added work-around to support Unicode characters in filenames for:
        - au3check
        - Tidy
        - au3stripper
    - 19.1127.1402.6 Added Win10 build to info lines. (tnx argumentum)
    - 19.1127.1402.7 Fix for support of filenames containing special ascii characters too.
    - 19.1127.1402.8 Restored some Directives still used for versioning and fileversion.
    - 19.1127.1402.8 Fix for  support of filenames containing special ascii characters too.
    - 19.1127.1402.9 Fix checking for "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Version"check till after the GUI is done.
    - 19.1127.1402.10 Fixed Versionupdate with /RunAfter option I use for AutoIt3Wrapper updates.
    - 19.1127.1402.11 Fixed issue with #include statements where the filename is enclosed in single quotes.
    - 19.1127.1402.13 Updated File prompt.
    - 19.1127.1402.18 added include filelist and their encoding when /debug is supplied
    - 19.1127.1402.19 Cosmetic update showing the ">Setting Program ExecutionLevel Manifest information to...." only when the directive is provided
    - 19.1127.1402.20 Fix for elevated scripts running from mapped drive
    - 19.1127.1402.21 again Fix for support of filenames containing special ascii characters.
    - 19.1127.1402.22 Fix invalid FileExist statement on line 550.
    - 19.1127.1402.26 Added #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_Use_Template
    *** Updated Au3Stripper v19.1127.1402.0 (Jos)
    - 19.1127.1402.1 Option /rsln: Added replace for @ScriptLinenumber for #includes to contain source files and original linenumber.
    -                Changed  replace for @ScriptLinenumber to only replace none literal string occurrences.
    - 19.1127.1402.3 Changed  replace for @ScriptLinenumber to only replace when not on FUNC line.
    - 19.1127.1402.5 Added directive "#Au3Stripper_Ignore_Errors_in_Func=", which will suppress any errors triggered within the defined Functions.
    - 19.1127.1402.7 Fix for Func names in FUNC parameters to avoid stripping the target function.
    *** Updated SciTEConfig v19.1127.1402.0 (Jos)
    - Fix bug in AbbrevMan.au3 when pipe symbol is used to set cursor position.  (Melba23
*** Updated Tidy v19.1127.1402.0 (Jos)
    - v19.1127.1402.2  fixed some issues in the /gendoc option:
        - func reference lines weren't listed
        - only show variables starting with $ or @
    - v19.1127.1402.5  Default Tabsize to SciTE-TabSize when not provided.
    - v19.1127.1402.6  Made the backp sequence number 2 digits. old filenames will be converted.
    - v19.1127.1402.10 Reversed the 2 digit sequence number as this will fail when there are more than 99 backup versions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Jos changed the title to 2/03/2021: Uploaded a new release candidate of the new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v21.203.1500.0
  • Jos pinned this topic

As always good job. Thanks @Jos

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers

The posted SciTE.exe/Scilexer.dll will not run on WinXP, so I have been playing a bit with the Compiler settings and managed to compile the 4.4.6 source with "Win sdk 7 & Toolset v141_xp" .

I have made this WinXP compatible version available in : https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/WinXP/ and will likely move to those binaries when they also properly work in Win10 to maintain a final version of SciTE4AutoIt3 which is WinXP compatible.

The next v5 release of SciTE won't be compatible anymore, but that is still a while away.

Please test these binaries on your setup in case you updated with the release candidate installer and let me know whether all works correctly.

Jos  

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos changed the title to 2/03/2021: Uploaded a new release candidate of the new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v21.203.1500.1
  • Developers

Updated OP with new Installer info:

UPDATE 03/03/2021:

• Changed back to "Win sdk 7 & Toolset v141_xp" to maintain WinXP compatibility for SciTE& Scilexer.dll
  • Updates SciTE source to support v141_xp toolset.
  • added check in NSIS installer to check for msvcp140.dll and point to Microsoft Downloads to install vc_redist.x86.exe or else SciTE won't run.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos changed the title to 6/02/2021: Uploaded a new release candidate III of the new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v21.203.1500.2
  • Developers

Uploaded updated installer:

UPDATE 6/02/2021:

• Restored fix for avoiding locking directory.
  • Few other minor fixes in properties files.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'm not sure when it changed but I have noticed that in current releases
when you use the directive, #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=OriginalFilename|MyApp.exe
The resource appears twice in the compiled exe. If you eliminate the directive, it does not appear at all.

I can tell you that using version "19.1127.1402.18", it does not do this.

• Developers
2 hours ago, Shark007 said:

I can tell you that using version "19.1127.1402.18", it does not do this.

Not sure what that means, but if it doesn't apply to this version then this post doesn't belong here or I will get very confused! ;) 
Just tested with this version and it works fine with just that Directive in it, so either post a replicator script when it applies to this version or post it where it belong which is the current production version thread. ...  but I won't be doing any investigations unless this new version has the problem!

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Ah ...got it ....  I was just looking at the Windows/Description info which only shows one. 

Thanks, Will have a look ! :) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded updated installer:

UPDATE 7/02/2021:

• *** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper 
    • v19.1127.1402.28 Fixed regression creating duplicate resource entries.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos changed the title to 7/02/2021: Uploaded a new release candidate of the new SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v21.203.1500.3

V 4.xx series SciTE.exe use the menu File--New or toolbar button--New to create an au3 script (even after saving), write a line of code, and click the [Enter] key, SciTE.exe has no response for a long time. And the SciTE.exe window cannot be closed normally. 

• Developers
4 hours ago, wyf said:

V 4.xx series SciTE.exe use the menu File--New or toolbar button--New to create an au3 script (even after saving), write a line of code, and click the [Enter] key, SciTE.exe has no response for a long time. And the SciTE.exe window cannot be closed normally. 

i can't replicate this (yet)...  anybody else?

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

Those steps are fine for me - and I have not discovered any other problems either.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

My native language is Chinese, and the above post was translated through Google,
"i can't replicate this (yet)... anybody else?" I understand that you did not understand the problem I am reporting. 
Now I rewrite the content of the above post, I hope you can understand:

For v4.x.x series SciTE.exe,
When using the menu "File\New" or the toolbar button "New" to create an au3 script,
Write a line of code and click the [Enter] key, SciTE.exe displays "SciTE is not responding", and SciTE.exe cannot be closed normally.

Now my test has solved this problem:
Comment the last line of SciTEStartup.lua: EventClass:BeginEvents()

But I don't know if such a modification is feasible? Hope to get your help!

Edited by wyf

• Developers

My comments meant that I am no able to see the same problem yet, so I understood what you said but were not able to get into the same situation yet.

1 hour ago, wyf said:

Now my test has solved this problem:
Comment the last line of SciTEStartup.lua: EventClass:BeginEvents()

But I don't know if such a modification is feasible? Hope to get your help!

So you say we have a LUA process making SciTE hang? Could be but I need first to get the issue before I can debug it.
What characters are you typing to cause this hang?

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Do not type any characters, directly [Enter], this problem will occur,
Even if you create an empty script like this, save it, and then [Enter], this problem will also occur.

Edited by Melba23
Removed quote

• Developers

Do you have any lua scripts in the PersonalTools.lua?

Try Commenting a couple any lines that contains LoadLuaFile()  at a time until you find out which one is causing the issue:

-- Load all the Lua files.
LoadLuaFile("Class.lua")    -- Always load first.
LoadLuaFile("Common.lua")   -- Always load second.
LoadLuaFile("AutoItPixmap.lua")
LoadLuaFile("AutoHScroll.lua")
LoadLuaFile("AutoItAutoComplete.lua")
LoadLuaFile("LUAAutoComplete.lua")
LoadLuaFile("AutoItIndentFix.lua")
LoadLuaFile("EdgeMode.lua")
LoadLuaFile("SmartAutoCompleteHide.lua")
LoadLuaFile("Tools.lua")
LoadLuaFile("AutoItTools.lua")
LoadLuaFile("AutoItGotoDefinition.lua")
LoadLuaFile("SciTE_extras.lua")
if os.getenv("SCITE_USERHOME") ~= nil then
    f = io.open(os.getenv("SCITE_USERHOME") .. "\\PersonalTools.lua")
    if f ~= nil then
        LoadLuaFile("PersonalTools.lua",os.getenv ("SCITE_USERHOME") .. "\\")
        f:close()
    end
else
    f = io.open(os.getenv("USERPROFILE") .. "\\PersonalTools.lua")
    if f ~= nil then
        LoadLuaFile("PersonalTools.lua",os.getenv ("USERPROFILE") .. "\\")
        f:close()
    end
end

Don't forget the 2 lines with PersonalTools.lua.
Let me know what the outcome is.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

All my lua files (including PersonalTools.lua) are all configured by the SciTE4AutoIt3.exe installer, without adding any other lua files.
PersonalTools.lua was last modified on 18/8/2013 18:26
Sorry, I don't understand how your test method operating.

Edited by Melba23
Removed quote

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic