Norton Corporate Heads Up

As of Jan 18th it looks like Norton Anti-Virus Corporate Is now detecting compiled AU3 scripts as Viruses...

This is going to be a pain for some of us (me for sure). Just thought I would give a heads up.

Wait... Just found something strange. My older compiled scripts (from beta 3.1.8?) are detected as viruses and removed. However I just compiled the same script (now with 3.1.1 + 3.1.101 beta, i recently updated) and it is no longer seen as a virus. That's a relief. Once again to all the NET admins, check your quarantine this week :lmao:

Later; Lew

Did you report your 'false positive' to Symantec directly? Often they will remove a false positive in a very short period, especially if you cite 'loss of business' legal action in your report.

By the way, this happens so regularly with various anti-virus vendors that it has become a way of life for some of us. Always keep an offline backup so you don't lose your only copy. :lmao:

This is the thing about that.

If you think about it, I could very easily write a virus in AUTOIT. It could do some real damage too. So I feel that it really shouldn't be reported as always safe, ya know? I think the VS programs should just look closer into what it does. That's my take on it anyways.

Later; Lew

• Developers

This is the thing about that.

If you think about it, I could very easily write a virus in AUTOIT. It could do some real damage too. So I feel that it really shouldn't be reported as always safe, ya know? I think the VS programs should just look closer into what it does. That's my take on it anyways.

Later; Lew

True that they need to review, but its kind "Simple" to qualify all AutoIt3 script or AutoitSC.bin as a Virus... Thats like qualifying CMD.exe as a Virus.. :lmao:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)