Copy folders using list of names to another folder - (Moved)

Ptrixs

Hi everyone,

I'm new to autoit and keen to add this as a tool to help with a very time consuming task done manually.

I have to upload some photos to an ftp folder based on a list of product codes.  The product codes are the names of the folders which contains the photos.

The current process is to refer to the excel spreadsheet with a list of product codes,  search the product code name  in our windows shared folder containing the photo library, then copy the folder path (i.e. G:\photos\ABC-123 ), open filezilla and connect the ftp server,  paste the copied path as the source and then select the destination folder (i.e upload) and transfer the folder across.

I would be more than happy if autoit can simply search and copy just the folder names that match the product codes out of excel  to  a local folder on my PC and from there I can upload the whole lot.  

Is this easily doable using autoit?

Yes.  Look at Excel UDF in help file.  Put something together and we will be glad to help when you reach an issue you cannot solve by yourself.  In such a case, it would be helpful if you could provide an example file .xls of the data you are referring to.