windows cannot find c:\google\autoit3.exe

10 hours ago, johnraizhen said:

Hi, i just boot up my computer, the pop-up came out and it say:windows cannot find c:\google\autoit3.exe.

Can someone help me how do i fix this?

i mean, i don't install Autoit.

The autoit3.exe is usually part of an AutoIt installation :

1. Autoit 3.3.14.5 (with a cut down version of the SciTE script editor) :

https://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?autoit3/autoit-v3-setup.exe

[EDIT] AND (not OR - Thanks @Jos for the correction :))

2. Autoit 3.3.14.5 (with full version of the SciTE script editor and other enhancements (usually the more recommended variant) :

https://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?../autoit3/scite/download/SciTE4AutoIt3.exe

However, it is possible to copy and use the interpreter AutoIt3.exe (standalone) on a target computer to run scripts with the extensions *.au3 and *.a3x.

Since you do not seem to have AutoIt installed, the question arises which process is requesting c:\google\AutoIt3.exe ?

EDIT : It is therefore possible, that it may be malicious software (as @Somerset has already pointed out).

Edited by Musashi

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

@johnraizhen -> Additional note :
It may be malicious software, but not necessarily. Before you mess up your computer, you should first run a virus scan (never harms). Also take a look into the Autostart folder. Possibly you will find something there, that triggers this process when booting your PC.

Does the error message provide further informations? If so, take a screenshot and post it here.

IMPORTANT  ( @Somerset has already pointed this out as well) :

As long as you do not know the cause of the problem you describe, you should not do the following under no circumstances :

• don't perform an AutoIt installation
  • don't copy an AutoIt3.exe onto your PC (not an official one, and an unknown one not at all)

In both cases, you would be giving a potentially dangerous script the opportunity to execute itself.

Edited by Musashi

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• Developers
9 hours ago, Musashi said:

OR :

AND! ;) 

@johnraizhen, Just check all possible startup options with HiJackThis or some other tool. 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)