TheSaint

I like and have been using TeraCopy, a third party program, for many years. Mostly it is a great program, but it does have some issues. On Windows XP for instance, Thumbs.db files could often hold up a copy or move process until the user manually responded to the error prompt. Some other issues I discuss below.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not related to or affiliated in any way with the 3rd party TeraCopy program developers.

ALSO NOTE - I myself have only tested TeraCopy Cure at this point, on Windows 7 (32 bit), and only with the free version of TeraCopy 2.27.

This program, TeraCopy Cure, is related to another one of my TeraCopy assistant programs, TeraCopy Timer, but aims at being simpler and quicker to use ... if lacking its more advanced features.

TeraCopy Cure is a frontend for TeraCopy and sets out to make up for its flaws and limitations.

One of those flaws is queuing order, and the limitation relates to a same destination issue.

You would think that queue order would be the same as add order, but that is not the case, and if you are doing a mix of COPY and MOVE then the COPY process could easily fail. It could fail with some source items, even if the  COPY process has already started before the same source MOVE process begins ... especially if the destination folder is on the source drive ... only the currently copying file is locked to that process.

If you drag and drop another source for a same destination as an existing or impending COPY or MOVE process, then usually TeraCopy nicely adds it for you to that existing job. However, you might wish to avoid that, or it might occur during the testing phase of that active process, and then not be properly processed etc. But you are not given a choice and it just gets added.

TCCure_2.png.9e822cb6ee15b1766b8e4e0fdd68d363.png     TCCure_5.png.12c756cebed99abd10da4c02d282b8b6.png

HOW TO USE
See the right-click menu of the 'Batch List' (lowest field) and the right-click menu of the Tree field, for some useful options.

(1) If desired, enable 'Auto Start'. NOTE - Even if enabled, this can be bypassed.

(2) Set the destination folder, either by browsing on the tree or by dragging a folder to the Destination input field or label. Right-clicking on a folder in Explorer will also work, if enabled. The destination folder path will also show in the Tree if that right-click option is enabled.

(3) Then drag & drop source file or folder onto one of three five areas - Folder (Drive) Tree field, or COPY or MOVE buttons ... this now also includes the source input and label.
NOTE - If the Folder (Drive) Tree field is used, then you will additionally need to click either the COPY or MOVE button, to have that job added to the Batch List ... but this avoids 'Auto Start' if it is enabled. Drag & dropping to the buttons instead, saves on clicking, but starts the first job etc immediately if 'Auto Start' is enabled.

(4) If needed and ready, click the START button to run the first job and those that follow.

More information is included in program and in the NOTES etc sections below.

TCCure_3.png.a0c06650530681200fd2f2802ec450c2.png   TCCure_4.png.751e861b96111ba2ff3b4125b5001c42.png

WARNING - Depending on the amount of content on your destination drive, and folder level depth, and the speed of your PC, display of the full path in the Folder (Drive) Tree can take a while to show ... if you have that (right-click) option enabled ... it isn't by default. I found this feature quite tricky to get right, and I'm still not 100% sure it is now full-proof.

(source is included)

TeraCopy Cure v1.6.zip  (source is included)

DISCLAIMER

I am not related to or affiliated in any way with the 3rd party TeraCopy program developers.

This program has not yet been extensively tested, so please do all the usual backup before use things, until you have fully tested it yourself to a reasonable degree.

In any case, I am providing the program for free, so don't hold me responsible for any mishaps.

That said, I have made efforts to avoid any mishaps due to my code ... though things can still be overlooked and bugs (errors) can happen.

Enjoy!

TheSaint

NOTES

Spoiler

You can continue using TeraCopy Cure even if it has already started a TeraCopy process, though some features will be limited or unavailable (not many) ... you can certainly add new jobs. That last ability, is not something currently possible with TeraCopy Timer once it is monitoring jobs.

Drag & Drop of multiple sources (files and/or folders) is supported and will create a special paths list file that TeraCopy can use. If not set as STARTED, you can modify any list file, using the 'Edit the paths file' right-click menu entry option (opens in Notepad).

Like with my TeraCopy Timer program, you can set a delay, in minutes, to the start of any job. To do this, select the job entry on the Batch List, and then select the right-click menu option of 'Add a Delay for entry'.

The right-click menu entry 'Delete ALL' works via a prompt, but the DELETE button, which only does a single selected entry, is instant and doesn't query ... it also automatically moves up the list for you. There is no undo. No source or destination files or folders are deleted.

If you want job processing to stop before a specific entry starts, then you can mark that entry as DONE using a right-click menu option ... or you can just use the STOP button at the right moment. NOTE - Setting an entry as DONE, is not permanent unless you want it to be ... so restarting the program can clear it. There is also a right-click 'Restore the Entry' option to remove DONE etc.

When a job starts, it has STARTED added to the start of its Batch List entry name, and that changes to DONE when finished, and then the entry is relocated to the end of the Batch List. NOTE - A job number is assigned to every source on add, and isn't changed by any move or relocation, though it will be updated if needed after an entry is deleted (removed) from the Batch List.

Hopefully everything else will be self evident.

UPDATES INFORMATION

Spoiler

(v1.1)
Program name changed from TeraCopy Queuer to TeraCopy Cure.
UP and DOWN move entry buttons and processes added (this can be a temporary or permanent movement - see right-click menu entry).
A file or folder dragged & dropped onto the Batch List, can now be removed or added to a selected Path (filelist) file entry.
Right-click Tree field menu entry added, for a Registry entry that can be enabled/disabled for right-clicking on a folder that the program will open with as Destination.

(v1.2)
Minor changes and rename bugfix.

(v1.3)
GUI is taller and wider.
Destination and Source labels and inputs fields are bigger, with the labels for those now supporting drag & drop, and the same for Source field.
Some other GUI elements have been changed, rearranged or added.
Refresh drives and Reload batch list buttons and their processes have been added.
A TERMINATOR button has been added to insert a TERMINATE (stop at) line in the Batch List.

(v1.4)
Added a Log Record right-click option and file and process.
Drag & dropped destination folder is now shown and selected in the tree, if right-click Tree 'Show' menu option enabled.
A basic status field has been implemented.
If no entry on Batch List is selected and DELETE button is clicked, you now get a query about deleting all.

OLDER DOWNLOADS

Spoiler

TeraCopy Cure v1.4.zip  (15 downloads)  

TeraCopy Cure v1.5.zip  836.95 kB  (181 downloads)

BIG THANKS to the following at the AutoIt Forums.

Guest - provided the TreeView Code, which is based on code by gil900 (thanks to Yashied). This has been slightly modified for this project by TheSaint.

Lazycat - provided the Drop Multiple Files etc code.

See further details in the source script.

Thanks as always to Jon and AutoIt developer team.

Edited by TheSaint
Update

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

I am currently working on an update, that stores and updates Source (file/folder) size (that part is done), and does a destination drive free space check and keeps tab of source size changes (that part isn't done yet). I've also added an editor to use instead of Notepad with Paths List files, which is something I should also implement in TeraCopy Timer.

TCCure_editor.png.567ee7e185ef2aba7cee4c5dd63d866c.png

Stay tuned for the v1.5 update ... coming soon!

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

TeraCopy Cure has been updated to v1.5. See first post for the download.

(v1.5)
Paths List Editor window has been added, to use instead of Notepad.
Added a source Size check + record + report.
Free Drive Space on destination drive is also checked and reported if an issue.
Right-click 'Batch List' menu option 'Drive Space Usage' has been implemented.
Total job file size is now recorded for each destination drive, with full support for ADD, DELETE, REMOVE and EDIT.
Some in program information has been updated.

NOTES - The TeraCopy job monitoring process still works fine when the Paths List Editor window is open, but the program will pause if the source is the current one being edited, until you close the editor window. So you can make last minute changes before that source job is processed. Drag & drop to a selected entry in the Batch List, is probably more likely to be used than the Paths List Editor, for additions and removals.

P.S. I do have some other update ideas, but probably won't work on them right away. Now it is mostly a matter of testing and more testing.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

TeraCopy Cure has been updated to v1.6. See first post for the download and new screenshot.

(v1.6)
Added LEFT and RIGHT window move buttons to give easier access to what might be covered by the program window.
The DELAY assigned to a job is now displayed as a status field countdown.
The program name (green) label now shows the input source size until source is added to the Batch List.
Most controls (buttons, list, etc) are now disabled while size of source is being determined.
Bugfix for duplicate delay renaming.

Spoiler

userbar.png

• 1 year later...

- snipped translated text... please don't quote and translate the quoted text to your own language . Jos

Teracopy copy folder following CSV list

Hello The Saint

I'm new to this forum, and I'm not sure I follow the usage. For that, please excuse me.

During my research on tera copy, I saw that you had developed tools to automate certain functions.

For information, my level of programming knowledge is low.

About me, I'm looking for a help (batch, command line, tool,...) to copy with verification a directory containing subfolders in which are present multiple files.

My need: from a CSV list, copy only the selected subfolders (COPY: YES / NO)

Attached is the typical csv file:

PATH;DIRECTORY;SUB_FOLDER;COPY

C:\Users\gille\Desktop\Tempo\Music;Tempo;Music;YES

C:\Users\gille\Desktop\Tempo\Space;Tempo;Space;YES

C:\Users\gille\Desktop\Tempo\Data;Tempo;Data;NO

C:\Users\gille\Desktop\Tempo\Vin;Tempo;Vin;YES

C:\Users\gille\Desktop\Tempo\Color;Tempo;Color;YES

C:\Users\gille\Desktop\Tempo\Pointing;Tempo;Pointing;NO

On the code sector site, I found this but without success on my side

https://help.codesector.com/en/communities/1/topics/391-only-copy-files-that-are-listed-in-a-csv-file

Thanking you for the favorable reception you may have at my request

Cordially,

5 hours ago, gibtoul said:

Hello The Saint

Hello, thanks for your interest.

I don't really follow what you are asking, but my program doesn't use CSV files to operate, it just uses a TXT file with a full path per line. The TXT file is created by my program, so there is no support for those you create yourself etc. NOTE - A TXT file isn't even used if you are just passing a single path via drag & drop.

TeraCopy Cure is not a full front-end for TeraCopy, it has a very specific use scenario, that overcomes some limitations when using TeraCopy, like the order jobs are processed and a rest period between jobs. It also allows you to queue up jobs without impacting what TeraCopy may already be doing.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png