Monitoring script from another script

Is it possible to monitor a script from another script ? By that I mean I want to watch variables changing while the (other) script runs....

This is just a small step in a huge script I'm writing.

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

• Moderators

Could always use an Ini/txt file and write the variables changing to the ini/txt file and have the other app read it for changes.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I don't think that would be able to keep up.

well it depends on what kind of data you need to monitor. Without any kind of sample data or elaboration, smoke's suggestion is about as good as you can expect. you can also look to the registry or environment variables for quickly passing data.

• Moderators

StdOut and StdIn?

I tried this a while back... I didn't have the best turn out to be honest.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Valik suggested it to me yesterday for something else. I figure he ought to know what he's talking about, and with the little amount that I've used, it worked fine. So... if you think otherwise, your point may also be valid - I have no way to know until I try it more.

No, I think the idea is valid, I probably just implemented it wrong. Should probably post examples when offering suggestions like this, I could, but it would be on that fails miserably :lmao: