• Moderators

nikmiler,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

But in future please do not hijack unrelated threads to ask questions - just start a new one as I have now done for you.

And can you be more specific about exactly what "software development" you seek to perform.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

@nikmiler Do you honestly expect to ask "which language is best", especially being as vague as just "software development",  on and AutoIt forum, and get any other answer than AutoIt???

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Pencil and paper.

ALWAYS plan your code before rushing off and using any language to implement it.

If your question was 'what language to use' the correct answer is 'it depends'.

4 hours ago, Confuzzled said:

Pencil and paper.

ALWAYS plan your code before rushing off and using any language to implement it.

If your question was 'what language to use' the correct answer is 'it depends'.

You need to add: "Have some knowledge of the language, and what it can or cannot do."

On 2/23/2021 at 6:12 PM, nikmiler said:

From the software development language which one is the best?

Let's put this question into a real-life context :

• If you had to drive through a forest, then a Jeep would probably be the best choice. A Porsche, on the other hand, would fail.
  • If you want to buy lots of beer and sausages for a barbecue, a pickup would be a good choice (a Porsche would fail - again).
  • If you want to race like a maniac on the highway, take the Porsche (finally :lol:)

Another aspect concerns the skills of a respective person :

• Give a professional musician a guitar that costs 200 bucks and he will turn heads.
  • Give me e.g. a Gibson Les Paul for 6000 bucks, and I will turn stomachs.

So, now tell me, what is the best choice :P ?

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

On 2/24/2021 at 3:42 AM, nikmiler said:

From the software development language which one is the best?

It can depend on a few things.

First of all, how quick do you want to get up and running and have some usable results.

Second, what are your overall requirements.

Third, are you doing this as a hobby or hoping to seek employment or profit from it.

Fourth, how much time can you devote to it.

Fifth, do you want it to be cross-platform.

Sixth, do you have lots of patience and don't mind complexity.

Seventh, while you don't necessarily need to have a good memory for names (specific commands), it certainly helps that you can recall they exist, and know how to use a Help system, local and online. Complexity and depth of loops, like if then else statements, can also challenge your memory, and can be overwhelming for some.

Some languages are better than others at the above.

And best can be very subjective.

For me personally, AutoIt is the best. This is because I find it the easiest to relate to, and the least nerdy. However, it has its shortcomings. It is not cross-platform for starters, and it's not that fast, relatively speaking. It also lacks power compared to some. It does however do some things quicker, easier and better than others, and the commands are generally better named and easier to recall, and the Help file is second to none, as is the forum.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Earthshine said:

The best language to program in is the one you love the most. For whatever reason(s)

Would kindly disagree. If you asked me to rank the languages I use in order of my love for that language, AutoIt would be at the top. However, if you asked me to select the best language for automating VMWare, Azure or K8, sadly AutoIt is not going to be it. I think  a better statement would be:

"The best language to program in is the one that best suits what you're trying to accomplish. Always choose the right tool for the job."

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I do agree with the moderator and practice that in my professional career. But I was considering the hobbyist—perhaps someone like the OP in which case I say use whatever you like best that does the job

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• 3 weeks later...

Python is a good programming language that supports multiple systems and platforms Powered by Object-Oriented Programming (OOPs). This Help you improve programmer productivity.
This is one of the best coding languages that allows you to easily measure even the most complex applications.