Trying to use auto-it for the XP\Win2003 "Unsigned Drivers" warnings

JRTek7

Fello Forum,

I'm very new to using Autoit, so please forgive my ignorance in advance. I'm trying to automate a "VMWare Tools" installation for XP and Win2003, but keep running into issues with Unsigned Warning Messages. After trying several other "failed" tips, I stumbled across a auto-it script that automates the pressing of "continue" on the unsigned warning messages....however when I placed the compiled auto-it file (unsigndriversmover.exe) syntax in my batch file, it launches auto-it, but pauses the batch from running futher.

example of batch file:

SET VMTOOLPATH=c:\vmware tools

unsigndriversmover.exe

start /wait msiexec /I "%VMTOOLPATH%\VMware Tools.msi" /qb addlocal=all REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

example of the compiled auto-it file (unsigndriversmover.exe - continues on 4 warning messages)

WinWait ( 'Hardware Installation', '&Continue Anyway' )

WinActivate ( 'Hardware Installation', '&Continue Anyway' )

Send ( '!c' )

Send ( '!c' )

Send ( '!c' )

Send ( '!c' )

I know the script works, because if I run the unsigndriversmover.exe first, then kick off the batch file without the auto-it entry, the *.MSI file installs and the warning messages are automated. I'm a noob when it comes to auto-it, so it may be something simple that is missing in the code. I'm basically looking for the auto-it *.exe to launch and run in the background, while allowing the rest of my batch file to continue.

Can anyone help with this? I'm getting close to a project deadline and really need this work.

TIA

- Jay

Edited by JRTek7

example of batch file:

start unsigndriversmover.exe

start /wait msiexec /I "%VMTOOLPATH%\VMware Tools.msi" /qb addlocal=all REBOOT="ReallySuppress"

It looks like a batch problem to me. By default, a batch file will wait with each execution. When you run unsigndriversmover.exe, then the script waits. To counter this, use Start on it's own. The Start /wait on the msiexec execution seems useless as well. Try that and see how it goes.

Fello Forum,

I'm very new to using Autoit, so please forgive my ignorance in advance. I'm trying to automate a "VMWare Tools" installation for XP and Win2003, but keep running into issues with Unsigned Warning Messages. After trying several other "failed" tips, I stumbled across a auto-it script that automates the pressing of "continue" on the unsigned warning messages....however when I placed the compiled auto-it file (unsigndriversmover.exe) syntax in my batch file, it launches auto-it, but pauses the batch from running futher.

example of batch file:

unsigndriversmover.exe

example of the compiled auto-it file (unsigndriversmover.exe - continues on 4 warning messages)

Send ( '!c' )

Send ( '!c' )

Send ( '!c' )

Send ( '!c' )

I know the script works, because if I run the unsigndriversmover.exe first, then kick off the batch file without the auto-it entry, the *.MSI file installs and the warning messages are automated. I'm a noob when it comes to auto-it, so it may be something simple that is missing in the code. I'm basically looking for the auto-it *.exe to launch and run in the background, while allowing the rest of my batch file to continue.

Can anyone help with this? I'm getting close to a project deadline and really need this work.

TIA

- Jay

Hey, welcome to the forums! One thing that you could do is eliminate the batch, and do all of the automation w/ autoit, you can run the files etc from one script, and call the other compiled script via Run() etc. Or you could even run the compiled script and then the batch file from a script...

Thank you so much for the quick responses.

I can't believe I missed something so simple with the "start" command. Added the syntax to the auto-it line in my batch file, and it worked without a hitch :lmao:

Thanks again everyone.

- Jay

ChrisL and MHz are right.

You could also try for a pure AutoIt solution... Untested but might help

Opt("ExpandEnvStrings", 1)
EnvSet("VMTOOLPATH","c:\vmware tools")

Run('msiexec /I "%VMTOOLPATH%\VMware Tools.msi" /qb addlocal=all REBOOT="ReallySuppress"', "", @SW_HIDE)

$winTitle = "Hardware Installation"
$winText = "The software you are installing for this hardware"

For $i = 1 to 4
    WinWait($winTitle, $winText)
    ControlClick($winTitle, $winText, "&Continue Anyway");more reliable than Send
Next
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

ChrisL and MHz are right.

You could also try for a pure AutoIt solution... Untested but might help

Opt("ExpandEnvStrings", 1)
EnvSet("VMTOOLPATH","c:\vmware tools")

Run('msiexec /I "%VMTOOLPATH%\VMware Tools.msi" /qb addlocal=all REBOOT="ReallySuppress"', "", @SW_HIDE)

$winTitle = "Hardware Installation"
$winText = "The software you are installing for this hardware"

For $i = 1 to 4
    WinWait($winTitle, $winText)
    ControlClick($winTitle, $winText, "&Continue Anyway");more reliable than Send
Next
CyberSlug, this looks incredible. Testing this solution now and will even try packaging this for an SMS 2003 push (which is my project goal).

I Will let you know how it turns out.