Spoiler

image.png

The Icon I Set

Spoiler

image.png

Google Chrome Download

image.png

• Developers

Downloaded from where as the preview is presumably generated by the webserver? 
Does it look correct when looked at with the Windows File Explorer?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

4 minutes ago, Jos said:

Downloaded from where as the preview is presumably generated by the webserver? 
Does it look correct when looked at with the Windows File Explorer?

Yes, my icon looks correct in the windows file explorer.
I am compiling using Aut2Exe on Windows 10.

1 minute ago, Jos said:

Great, so the EXE is correct, but you didn't answer my first statement&question. ;) 

Sorry, I do not fully understand the question you asked. Do you want the URL where I downloaded the file?

• Developers

You say the Icon is not shown correctly by Chrome when you look at the webpage that has the download...   right?
I simply stated/asked that the Webserver of that site is generating a thumbnail that is shows for the download which you say is wrong?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Just now, Jos said:

You say the Icon is not shown correctly by Chrome when you look at the webpage that has the download...   right?
I simply stated/asked that the Webserver of that site is generation a thumbnail that i shows for the download which you say is wrong?

Actually the problem is google chrome shows the first icon inside the downloaded file. And when this icon is compiled by Aut2Exe, it is the icon left in the file.

• Developers

Ok ... I see what you mean now. 

It looks like Chrome is using the 16x16 ICO number 1 and that looks like a remains of the old icon set.
I have no idea why aut2exe does that and needs investigation what is going on there.

@jpm, Do you have any idea about this?

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

3 minutes ago, Jos said:

It looks like Chrome is using the 16x16 ICO number 1 and that looks like a remains of the old icon set.
I have no idea why aut2exe does that and needs investigation what is going on there.

Thank you for your interest. For now, I am solving my problem by using a resource hacker to delete the icon.

1 hour ago, Jos said:

@jpm, Do you have any idea about this?

Hi I don't understand what a drag & drop on a browser can display something.

If I do it on MS Edge chromium it is equivalant to download the file so where the icon must display.

from the point of view of aut2exe the file is created with the first icon being the requested icon.

Sorry for not helping much

Cheers

• Developers

Don't worry about the chrome thing...  Just check the resources of a compiled script that has an alternative ICO defined.
When you check the Icon section in REsHacker, you will find that the first image is an original one as shown ( the boxed in Plus sign) and there is still an remaining icon_group for it, while the original complete Icon_group should totally be removed.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

2 hours ago, jscoder said:

Compile arguments

It would be good to have an argument or way to replace the Icon #1 right from ... somewhere.
But you have that ResHacker. Just rightclick on the icon and select "Replace icon ..." and you can replace the "icon  group" 99 with the 169 to solve that.
Fortunately you are not stuck in a problem without a solution. :)

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• Developers

I think the issue raised is clear and don't need suggestions for workaround as that was also already made clear. ;) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.