Odd Scite Behavior

• Developers

Seems there is an issue with your installation as I assume you use the Full version, where the MD+SPACE should be replaced by the ABBREV.properties definition, so I can only assume the abbreviation files are missing or something.

Which version are you running and did you install it with the separate installer?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I indeed see this behavior when the au3abbrev.properties file isn't loaded. In your SCITE-USERHOME directory, you should have file:

abbrev.properties containing:

import au3abbrev
import au3UserAbbrev

.. and in the same directory, those 2 files show also exist with an ".properties" extension. Is that the case? 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

autoit  version is 3.3.14.5
scite is 4.2.0

I did the autoit install first and the scite install seconds.  Two separate downloads and two separate installs.  Some time later i also installed the ISN Autoit Studio app as well.

My abbrev.properties is here   C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE and contains:

import au3abbrev
import au3UserAbbrev

yes, au3abbrev.properties and au3UserAbbrev.properties exist in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE

• Developers

Which file is opened when you select the following in SciTE: Options/Open abbrev file?
That should be the version from: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 

also please show the header in the SciTE outputpane when running a script.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Strange ... it all looks good to me ...   have you made any changes to any of these 2 files?:

au3abbrev.properties
au3UserAbbrev.properties

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
8 minutes ago, InclusiveExclusion said:

Perhaps the ISN Studio app did?

I don't know but to reset things the best is to do a reinstall. 
... but I always like to understand why things like this happen and can only replicate it when the MD isn't found. The thing that happens is that when you hit a space after a "known abbreviation (shown by its color)", the LUA script will do a MenuCommand(IDM_ABBREV) (Ctrl+B) to expand the abbreviation and won't send the space as the abbrev definition positions the cursor.

EDIT:Your files work fine for me when I use those.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

lol, it does it for me too, 

I just opened SciTE with no file and typed MD and same issue. Can't type a space.

Same behavior is noted on ANY .au3 file, anywhere in the script.

help about displays

Version 3.7.3 
    Feb 16 2017 21:41:17

I think that it's getting stuck on MouseDown if you type lowercase md and hit space you get MouseDown() so maybe something in the Auto Complete stuff

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• Developers

mmm ...  think that is fixed in the latest version by this change in AutoItTools.lua which was submitted by MrCreatoR:

function AutoItTools:Abbreviations(i)
    if i==1 then editor:DeleteBack() end
    local from = editor:WordStartPosition(editor.CurrentPos-i)
    local to = editor:WordEndPosition(from)
    local word = editor:textrange(from, to)
    editor.SelectionStart = editor.CurrentPos - #word
    editor:ReplaceSel(word:lower())
    scite.MenuCommand(IDM_ABBREV)
end

Try updating it to this new version of the function when you want to continue using the current version. 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
Just now, argumentum said:

it happens in 4.2.0 only in upper case.
In 4.4.6 is all good.

Correct as that is what that fix does.... it converts the abbrev to lower() and then does the Ctrl+B. ;) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Dunno as you are probably on the current production version.  
The "new version" is nearly ready to be release and will be this weekend when no majorissues are found in the latest release candidate installer. 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.