Uploaded a new version of the SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v21.316.1639.1

Jos

• Jos changed the title to Uploaded a new version of the SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v21.203.1500.3
4 hours ago, Jos said:

as the upcoming V5 version of SciTE

not upcoming... already released:

https://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaHistory.html

Release 5.0.0

• Released 5 March 2021.
  • First version that separates Lexilla from Scintilla. Each of the 3 projects now has a separate history page but history before 5.0.0 remains combined.
  • Fix Alt+End (move to wrapped line end) for Japanese UTF-8 text.. Bug #2231.
  • SciTE uses the "null" lexer when it doesn't have a lexer assigned to a file. This avoids activating a Lua script lexer if one is assigned.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers
16 minutes ago, mLipok said:

not upcoming... already released:

I know, but still considered "unstable" and not to use for stable purposes until 5.1 is released, hence the "upcoming v5 version" statement. ;) 
Quote from https://groups.google.com/g/scintilla-interest/c/oqbRq5YdxEI:

Its likely I will make an unstable 5.0.0 release of Lexilla, Scintilla, and SciTE tomorrow.

This is a major but unstable testing release. It is very likely that there are omissions in some scripts that do not take Lexilla into account properly. The executables may not work on older systems such as Windows XP.

Scintilla API elements may change or be removed in more 5.0.x releases until a stable 5.1.0 release is made.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ah ... now all is clear.

Thanks.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Jos changed the title to Uploaded a new version of the SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v21.316.1639.1
  • Developers

Updated Tidy.exe, which caused a hardcrash when reading the new au3.api definition, in the installer/portable zip and direct download.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Updated AutoIt3Wrapper.au3, which was running the "#autoIt3Wrapper_run_after" defined programs twice in some occasions.

Also installer/portable zip are updated.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi jos,

Have you considered adding -Administrator to the title when launched as .. (so we get to know the run-as state of the running instance of scite)

Maybe it is even a better idea to have sessions saved separately based on the "run-as"  state

like that if we close the admin session fist and by mistake we know that it is saved no matter what ..

Deye

• Developers

This would have to be a proposal to the original version a SciTE, which I use to create our version, as I don't want to make too many changes in the core source.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:06 PM, Deye said:

Have you considered adding....

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/108667-adding-a-menu-in-to-a-windows-program-an-using-it/?do=findComment&comment=765586

There is stuff you can do without having to change SciTE to fit your needs :) 

instead of "[CLASS:Notepad]" you'd use "[CLASS:SciTEWindow]"

Edit: this is better: 

Looks like your desire to change the title @Deye is not yours alone.

Edited by argumentum
better code

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...

I may have installed something incorrectly, but when using the SciTE portable version, the User Call Tip Manager places my call tips in my home directory. SciTE, however, doesn't have an Environment variable set and is placed in another location:  C:\users\<user>\Documents\AutoIt_Program\SciTE\SciTE.exe
SciTE then reads the user call tips from C:\Users\<user>\Documents\AutoIt_Program\SciTe\au3.user.calltips.api

It seems like all this may be fixed if I set the environment variables manually, but nowhere is this mentioned when downloading the zip. Maybe a short README could be included letting the user know to set these or a setup script could be included? I'd be more than happy to write/test/debug something like this

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types

1 hour ago, seadoggie01 said:

installed something incorrectly, but when using the SciTE portable version

How did you install them ?
Usually I just unpack new SciTE4AutoIt version to my portable directory.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I did that as well. But without the SCITE_USERHOME or SCITE_HOME environment variable, the UCT Man script puts the call tips in the @UserProfileDir

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager
InputBoxes - Simple Input boxes for various variable types

28 minutes ago, seadoggie01 said:

But without the SCITE_USERHOME or SCITE_HOME environment variable,

..I second the motion.
A declaration of "portable" in the .config file, to make SCITE_USERHOME or SCITE_HOME a subfolder of the exe folder, with the same names, would make a portable setup, really portable.
I made a loader that sets SCITE_USERHOME and runs SciTE so, I'm good, but, the proposed default would be welcomed.

• Developers
4 hours ago, seadoggie01 said:

I may have installed something incorrectly, but when using the SciTE portable version, the User Call Tip Manager places my call tips in my home directory. SciTE, however, doesn't have an Environment variable set and is placed in another location:  C:\users\<user>\Documents\AutoIt_Program\SciTE\SciTE.exe
SciTE then reads the user call tips from C:\Users\<user>\Documents\AutoIt_Program\SciTe\au3.user.calltips.api

It seems like all this may be fixed if I set the environment variables manually, but nowhere is this mentioned when downloading the zip. Maybe a short README could be included letting the user know to set these or a setup script could be included? I'd be more than happy to write/test/debug something like this

I seem @Melba23 used this to force determine the User directory:  

If EnvGet("SCITE_USERHOME") <> "" And FileExists(EnvGet("SCITE_USERHOME")) Then
        $SciTEUserDir = EnvGet("SCITE_USERHOME")
    ElseIf EnvGet("SCITE_HOME") <> "" And FileExists(EnvGet("SCITE_HOME")) Then
        $SciTEUserDir = EnvGet("SCITE_HOME")
    Else
        $SciTEUserDir = @UserProfileDir ; original sciTE default location
    EndIf

... which in my mind needs to change and use the logic of the other utilities by using the SciTE program dir when SCITE_USERHOME & SCITE_HOME are not defined, like the core SciTE does.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
2 hours ago, argumentum said:

..I second the motion.
A declaration of "portable" in the .config file, to make SCITE_USERHOME or SCITE_HOME a subfolder of the exe folder, with the same names, would make a portable setup, really portable.
I made a loader that sets SCITE_USERHOME and runs SciTE so, I'm good, but, the proposed default would be welcomed.

Don't think there was a motion but rather a statement how it is installed and that should work so the CallTip Manager needs to be changed to follow the current standard.
This issue with your proposal would be that this is the Way the standard SciTE internally works, so would mean me having to make the changes and maintain that. 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

3 hours ago, argumentum said:

I made a loader that sets SCITE_USERHOME and runs SciTE so, I'm good

I've never encounter any problems with prior builds either. Compiling all this anew every so often is in my view going the extra mile. I've never encounter an issue that required a new version of the executable. The various *.au3 and utilities did need updating but SciTE has always been a good product in my experience.

I'm happy with my many portable versions for the many old AutoIts I keep. All still running with old versions of SciTE without a hitch.

The comment was also a hint on how to get around it. My solution anyway.

1 hour ago, Jos said:

This issue with your proposal would be that this is the Way the standard SciTE internally works, so would mean me having to make the changes and maintain that. 

Yes. I know that. But may very well not understand what it entails.
What I proposed ( and second the motion ;) ), is what I did for those portables of mine, plus some of the advise I gave to @Deye above, that I use in my setup every other blue moon. :) 

so today I copy the AutoIt zip and the SciTE zip to a folder, and added a loader for the "portable" setup.
The compiled script would go on the folder AutoIt.exe is at, with a name, say, SciteLoader.exe
If you would like to run an Admin level and a user level concurrently, first run the admin one, as otherwise it will not load as admin.

#include <GuiMenu.au3>
#include <WinAPIProc.au3>
; original post at https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=205465&view=findpost&p=1479612
Global $sSCITE_RunAsAdminStr = '/SciteUserIsAdmin:' & IsAdmin()
Global $sSCITE_HOME = @ScriptDir & "\SciTE"
Global $sSCITE_USERHOME = $sSCITE_HOME & "\SCITE_USERHOME"
If IsAdmin() Then $sSCITE_USERHOME = $sSCITE_HOME & "\SCITE_ADMINHOME"
Global $sSCITE_EXE = $sSCITE_HOME & "\SciTE.exe"
Global $hTimer = TimerInit()

AdlibRegister("OopsyDaisy", 10000)
Func OopsyDaisy()
    Exit 4
EndFunc

Func GetThisSciteHandle($sSciteUserIsAdmin)
    Local $aProcessWindows, $aProcessList = ProcessList("SciTE.exe")
    For $n = 1 To UBound($aProcessList) - 1
        $aProcessWindows = _WinAPI_EnumProcessWindows($aProcessList[$n][1], 1)
        If @error Then ContinueLoop
        If StringInStr(_WinAPI_GetProcessCommandLine($aProcessList[$n][1]), $sSciteUserIsAdmin) Then Return $aProcessWindows[1][0]
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>GetThisSciteHandle

Func getTheMenuFirst()
    Local $hWin = GetThisSciteHandle($sSCITE_RunAsAdminStr) ; WinGetHandle("[CLASS:SciTEWindow]")
    Local $hPrimaryMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_GetMenu($hWin)
    Local $sMenu = "", $iCount = _GUICtrlMenu_GetItemCount($hPrimaryMenu) - 1
    For $i = 0 To $iCount
        $sMenu &= _GUICtrlMenu_GetItemText($hPrimaryMenu, $i)
    Next
    If StringInStr($sMenu, "&Options") Then Return SetError(0, $iCount + 1, 0)
    Return SetError(1, $iCount + 1, 1)
EndFunc   ;==>getTheMenuFirst

Func add_running_version_to_the_MenuBar()
    Local $iMenuItem, $hWin = GetThisSciteHandle($sSCITE_RunAsAdminStr) ; WinGetHandle("[CLASS:SciTEWindow]")
    Local $hPrimaryMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_GetMenu($hWin)
    Local $hItem2 = _GUICtrlMenu_CreateMenu()
    _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hPrimaryMenu, 44, "  -=[ currently running v" & FileGetVersion(@ScriptDir & '\AutoIt3.exe') & " as " & (IsAdmin() = 0 ? "user" : "admin") & " ]=-  ", 0, $hItem2)
    _GUICtrlMenu_DrawMenuBar($hWin)
EndFunc   ;==>add_running_version_to_the_MenuBar

main()
Func main()
    EnvSet("SCITE_USERHOME", $sSCITE_USERHOME)
    If Not GetThisSciteHandle($sSCITE_RunAsAdminStr) Then
        If Not FileExists($sSCITE_USERHOME & "\SciTEConfig") Then DirCreate($sSCITE_USERHOME & "\SciTEConfig")
        If StringInStr($sSCITE_EXE, " ") Then $sSCITE_EXE = '"' & $sSCITE_EXE & '"'
        Run($sSCITE_EXE & ' ' & $sSCITE_RunAsAdminStr, $sSCITE_USERHOME)
        WinWait("[CLASS:SciTEWindow]", "", 5)
        Sleep(100)
        While getTheMenuFirst()
            Sleep(1000)
            If TimerDiff($hTimer) > 20000 Then Exit 3
        WEnd
        add_running_version_to_the_MenuBar()
    EndIf
    For $n = 1 To $CmdLine[0]
        Run($sSCITE_EXE & ' "' & $CmdLine[$n] & '" ' & $sSCITE_RunAsAdminStr, $sSCITE_USERHOME)
    Next
    Run($sSCITE_EXE & ' ' & $sSCITE_RunAsAdminStr, $sSCITE_USERHOME)
EndFunc   ;==>main

It serves me well as is. I hope it works well for you too ( if you use it ). 
If it does not, then open an entry in the help forum mentioning me and that this script don't quite do what you expected :) 

...and you'll have to do some manual labor like copy stuff from the old "SciTEConfig" to the new "SciTEConfig" paths.

Edited by argumentum
added Func OopsyDaisy()

@Jos, I'm in need of aid.

;~ SendSciTE_Command($My_Hwnd, $Scite_hwnd, "menucommand:420")     ; IDM_CLEAROUTPUT=420
SendSciTE_Command($My_Hwnd, $Scite_hwnd, "menucommand:413")     ; IDM_OPENFILESHERE=413 ; this don't work
; SendSciTE_Command($My_Hwnd, $Scite_hwnd, "extender:dostring props['check.if.already.open']='0'") ; nor this

Any ideas on how to go about query the state and switching this OFF/ON ?.
If is a SciTE bug then thats that, but if is just me not knowing how then I can use the help.

• Developers

Sure, but maybe you could first share the goals you have for these none working options? ;) 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

...it all started when I was young and wanted to help those in need in the world... .
To run "as admin" if a "user level" is already running, by temporarily disable (check.if.already.open=0), the existing running session(s), I can load the one I wanted. Then reenable to them all.
Tried as commandline but is not what I need. I don't wanna change the global property, so, in theory I should be able to use SendSciTE_Command(), but it ain't working.
Could also use AutoIt to send() alt,o,h and get it over with but the SendSciTE_Command() should be the way to go.
The option as an option from the menu works as advertised, so...., help ?. :baby:

..also, is "menucommand:420" ; Clear Output pane "IDM_CLEAROUTPUT" a joke for smoking stuff and forgetting ? :D

Edited by argumentum