Uploaded a new version of the SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v21.316.1639.1

Jos

Thanks for the clarification @Melba23 and @mLipok.

@Melba23 SciTE4AutoIt3 is still part of AutoIt, albiet as a "Lite" version. The programs share the same core thus my doubt :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• Developers

I think that the current SciTE4AutoIt3 is still/again supporting WinXP with the latest SPx but this will be for sure the last one as the current new version of SciTE don't support WinXP anymore. 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

9 hours ago, Jos said:

I think that the current SciTE4AutoIt3 is still/again

officiall release or in the Beta direcotry.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers

The current Production version. 

I will not try to maintain compatibility going forward! :) 

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 months later...
  • Developers

Sure...   So you have checked the details in that error message and found which of those 2 files isn't there?

Any specififics on where autoit3 and scite is located?

Oh ...and scite needs to be located as a subdirectory of autoit3!!!!!

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

\your path\SciTE\SciTE.exe
\your path\AutoIt3.exe

if the folder structure is as above, I am sure it will work ( just as @Jos described in the prior post ) 

I also set the environment variable ( from a script. I run different older versions of AutoIt at times  )

SCITE_USERHOME=C:\full path of yours\SciTE\MyUserFolder

to let SciTE know to use that folder for the files it needs/creates

Edited by argumentum

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

5 hours ago, Jos said:

Sure...   So you have checked the details in that error message and found which of those 2 files isn't there?

Any specififics on where autoit3 and scite is located?

Oh ...and scite needs to be located as a subdirectory of autoit3!!!!!

I stand corrected I don't have autoit main dir before the sub dir of scite.

Thankyou soo much for such a fast response

Also thanks to @argumentum for pointing out the issue

• Developers
5 hours ago, argumentum said:

I also set the environment variable ( from a script. I run different older versions of AutoIt at times  )

When running portable you probably want to avoid this setting and can simply use the #AutoIt3Wrapper_AutoIt3Dir to select the directory of the AutoIt3 version you like to work with for Run & Compile. :) 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Where are defined actions for "Debug to console" and "Debug to MsgBox" ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

So this is in AutoItTools.lua 

function AutoItTools:DebugConsoleWriteAdd()
    local word = self:GetWord2()
    if word == "" then
        print("Cursor not on any text.")
        return
    end
    local word = word:gsub("\r", "")     -- replace quote by 2 quotes
    local word = word:gsub("\n", "")     -- replace quote by 2 quotes
    local word2 = word:gsub("'", "''")     -- replace quote by 2 quotes
    local line = editor:LineFromPosition(editor.CurrentPos) + 1
    editor:LineEnd()
    editor:NewLine()
--~     editor:AddText("ConsoleWrite('@@ (" .. line .. ") :(' & @min & ':' & @sec & ') " .. word2 .. " = ' & " .. word .. " & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console")
    local option = tonumber(props['debug.console.option'])
    if option == 3 then
        editor:AddText("ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : " .. word2 .. " = ' & " .. word .. " & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & '    Extended code: ' & @extended & ' (0x' & Hex(@extended)  & ')    SystemTime: ' & @hour & ':' & @min & ':' & @sec & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console" )
    elseif option == 2 then
        editor:AddText("ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : " .. word2 .. " = ' & " .. word .. " & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & '    Extended code: ' & @extended & ' (0x' & Hex(@extended) & ')' & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console" )
    elseif option == 1 then
        editor:AddText("ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : " .. word2 .. " = ' & " .. word .. " & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console" )
    elseif option == 0 then
        editor:AddText("ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : " .. word2 .. " = ' & " .. word .. " & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console" )
    elseif option == -1 then
        editor:AddText("ConsoleWrite('@@ (' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') :(' & @min & ':' & @sec & ') " .. word2 .. " = ' & " .. word .. " & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console" )
    end
    editor:LineDown()
    editor:Home()
end -- DebugConsoleWriteAdd()

and

function AutoItTools:DebugMsgBoxAdd()
    local word = self:GetWord2()
    if word == "" then
        print("Cursor not on any text.")
        return
    end
    local word = word:gsub("\r", "")     -- remove CR
    local word = word:gsub("\n", "")     -- remove LF
    local word2 = word:gsub("'", "''")     -- replace quote by 2 quotes
    local line = editor:LineFromPosition(editor.CurrentPos) + 1
    editor:LineEnd()
    editor:NewLine()
--~     editor:AddText("MsgBox(262144, 'Debug line ~" .. line .. "' , \'" .. word2 .. "\:' & @CRLF & " .. word .. ") ;### Debug MSGBOX" )
    local option = tonumber(props['debug.msgbox.option'])
    if option == 2 then
        editor:AddText("MsgBox(262144, 'Debug line ~' & @ScriptLineNumber, 'Selection:' & @CRLF & \'" .. word2 .. "\' & @CRLF & @CRLF & 'Return:' & @CRLF & " .. word .. " & @CRLF & @CRLF & '@error:' & @CRLF & @error & @CRLF & @CRLF & '@extended:' & @CRLF & @extended & ' (0x' & Hex(@extended) & ')') ;### Debug MSGBOX" )
    elseif option == 1 then
        editor:AddText("MsgBox(262144, 'Debug line ~' & @ScriptLineNumber, 'Selection:' & @CRLF & \'" .. word2 .. "\' & @CRLF & @CRLF & 'Return:' & @CRLF & " .. word .. " & @CRLF & @CRLF & '@error:' & @CRLF & @error) ;### Debug MSGBOX" )
    elseif option == 0 then
        editor:AddText("MsgBox(262144, 'Debug line ~' & @ScriptLineNumber, 'Selection:' & @CRLF & \'" .. word2 .. "\' & @CRLF & @CRLF & 'Return:' & @CRLF & " .. word .. ") ;### Debug MSGBOX" )
    elseif option == -1 then
        editor:AddText("MsgBox(262144, 'debug line ~' & @ScriptLineNumber, \'" .. word2 .. ":' & @CRLF & " .. word .. ") ;### Debug MSGBOX" )
    end
    editor:LineDown()
    editor:Home()
end -- DebugMsgBoxAdd()

I ask as I notice that there was only error reported to console and there was lack of extended.

So next questions araise:

How to use option=3 for console and option2 for msgbox ?
Is it possible to set them in some kind of config file ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
1 hour ago, mLipok said:

How to use option=3 for console and option2 for msgbox ?
Is it possible to set them in some kind of config file ?

I am sure you can answer that one yourself when you take 1 minute to look at those functions. ;) 

Spoiler

HINT: Look at how option is set in both functions. ;) 

...and when it still isn't clear you can check au3.properties for the explanation:

Spoiler

## Debug Output Options (to permanent change your selection copy them to SciTEUser.Properties and change it there
# Debug MessageBox Option 2="All"  1="No @extended"   0="No @extended & @error".
debug.msgbox.option=0
# Debug Console Option    3="All"  2="No SystemTime"  1="No SystemTime & Return"  0="No SystemTime, Return & Error".
debug.console.option=1
# Debug Trace Option      3="All"  2="No SystemTime"  1="No SystemTime & Return"  0="No SystemTime, Return & Error".
debug.trace.option=1

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

I have made some changes to the AU3 lexer as it was reported that when adding a #ce after the #requireadmin, the rest of the script will be shown as block comment.
So I have made a couple of changes in the au3 lexer that will simply ignore everything after the first found #Directive so it doesn't get confused. Below the Before and After images of the Lexer output with the changes highlighted. The SciLexe.dll is available in the Beta directory and can be used with the SciTE v4.4.6.

Before:

before.png.16ed8f924624e91d2745ec6f03399721.png

After:

after.png.9b069961cc77b800c82e63dcf8f2ef34.png

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos can you share the testing script you was using on the screenshots?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@Jos it looks like #Region #EndRegion highlighting is borken.

Previous/old version:

image.png.b08ea648905c7e368af03101d233aca9.png

New version:

image.png.b846d5ab41a9e4f4a4c58ee506e86ab2.png

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Also some issues with #CS #CE

Old:

image.png.9c6e158e16a212cac9da7eec934af247.png

New:

image.png.d066d6516c99ea53d9ad08c2cac78206.png

I mean code folding is borken and there is highlightment just after #comments-start

#comments-start
#comments-end

#comments-start

#comments-end

#cs
#ce

#cs documentation
#CE documentation
#CS documentation
some text
some text
#CE documentation

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

I would also ask for new feature:
Could you add the same way of higlighting like for #Region..... #EndRegion..... but to all #AutoIt3Wrapper_*******

image.png.d412459a5af38384996ff3c746b70690.png

Something like:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7

REMARK:
I use foreground color (because it is easy to show the concept) but I was thinking about background color.

#Region - User's functions
#EndRegion - User's functions

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning=y

EDIT:
The same feature request for:

#Au3Stripper_Parameters=
#Tidy_******=

But also would like to have this behavior:
image.png.990102c01efe44746cddb6406b76c317.png

for :
#Au3Stripper_Ignore_Funcs=
#Au3Stripper_Ignore_Errors_in_Funcs=
#Au3Stripper_Ignore_Variables=

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
On 3/13/2022 at 3:56 PM, mLipok said:

@Jos can you share the testing script you was using on the screenshots?

Sorry missed this one:

; Comment block
#cs Level1
If 1 = 2 Then ;test
    ConsoleWrite("Yea right") ;test
EndIf
;~  #cs Level2
;~  ; multilevel directive is shown as comment
;~  #ce Level2
#ce Level1
#comments-start Level1
    ; comments
#comments-end   Level1

; Special
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Check=n
#Au3Stripper_AlwaysStrip_Off=1
; preprocessor
#RequireAdminaaa  #cs #ce ; This script requires full Administrative rights
#RequireAdmin ; This script requires full Administrative rights
#RequireAdminxxthe rest is considered a comment
#RequireAdmin  the rest is considered a comment
#include-once  the rest is considered a comment
#include <Array.au3>
#NoTrayIcon  the rest is considered a comment
#OnAutoItStartRegister "Example"
; Any Unknown preprocessor
#whatever directive you use
; Lexing bug
#RequireAdmin #cs  Admin #ce ; <=====  Causing the rest of the code to be wrongly colored
If 1 = 2 Then ;test
    ConsoleWrite("Yea right") ;test
EndIf

Could you post the source for the posted issues so I can have a look?

I will work down you multiple post one at a time so I can keep the issues separate. ;) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Sorry missed this one:

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Could you post the source for the posted issues so I can have a look?

Already posted above.

But no problem to post again:

#comments-start
#comments-end

#comments-start

#comments-end

#cs
#ce

#cs documentation
#CE documentation
#CS documentation
some text
some text
#CE documentation

and

#Region - User's functions
#EndRegion - User's functions

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning=y

1 hour ago, Jos said:

I will work down you multiple post one at a time so I can keep the issues separate. ;) 

Good idea.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler