WebDriver UDF - Help & Support (III)

Danp2

I had an issue with one of my script.
I found that --log-path can not be set to a path longer than 100 chars.
I was looking over internet and I was not able to find this restriction/requirment.

Could somebody confirm that --log-path have limited filepath length to 100 chars?
Colud somebody point me to proper reference documenation which will show this restriction ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

@mLipok

1. Not everyone is going to know which webdriver you use on a daily basis, so excluding that detail may limit your responses
  2. This may be better suited as it's own discussion as it doesn't really involve the Webdriver UDF
  3. You may be better off posting your question here

P.S. What were the symptoms of a path > 100 chars (how did you know it wasn't working)?

1 hour ago, Danp2 said:

Not everyone is going to know which webdriver you use on a daily basis, so excluding that detail may limit your responses

At this point the ChromeDriver is a de-facto standard in web automation :muttley:

No offense to other browsers... I use it because I get to access the powerful CDP features as well.

About the path string length limitation, I think we can bypass it by using a relative path and setting the destination folder as the working directory when starting the driver :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

On 12/10/2021 at 2:16 AM, Danp2 said:

@mLipok

1. Not everyone is going to know which webdriver you use on a daily basis, so excluding that detail may limit your responses
  2. This may be better suited as it's own discussion as it doesn't really involve the Webdriver UDF
  3. You may be better off posting your question here

P.S. What were the symptoms of a path > 100 chars (how did you know it wasn't working)?

I asked about general problem with "--log-path" and your's related question helped me to understand the clue of the problem.

So here is my example:

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

#include "wd_capabilities.au3"
#include "wd_helper.au3"

_Example_UsingCapabilitesWithChrome()
If @error Then ConsoleWrite("! ---> @error=" & @error & "  @extended=" & @extended & _
        " : Error launching browser" & @CRLF)

Func _Example_UsingCapabilitesWithChrome()
    _WD_CapabilitiesStartup()
    _WD_CapabilitiesAdd("alwaysMatch")
    _WD_CapabilitiesAdd("acceptInsecureCerts", True)
    _WD_CapabilitiesAdd("firstMatch", "chrome")
    _WD_CapabilitiesAdd("w3c", True)
    _WD_CapabilitiesDump(@ScriptLineNumber & " Testing")
    Local $sCapabilities = _WD_CapabilitiesGet()

_WD_Option("Driver", @ScriptDir & "\chromedriver.exe")
    _WD_Option("Port", 9515)
    _WD_Option("DefaultTimeout", 1000)
    Local $sLog_Dir = 'C:\Testing_LogDir_'
    Local $sLog_Name = '\WebDriver_Testing.log'
    While 1
        $sLog_Dir &= 'a'
        If StringLen($sLog_Dir & $sLog_Name) > 200 Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
;~  DirCreate($sLog_Dir)

ConsoleWrite("! LogPath = " & $sLog_Dir & $sLog_Name & @CRLF)
    ConsoleWrite("! LogPath Length = " & StringLen($sLog_Dir & $sLog_Name) & @CRLF)

_WD_Option("DriverParams", "--log-path=" & Chr(34) & $sLog_Dir & $sLog_Name & Chr(34))

_WD_Startup()
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, "")

Local $WD_SESSION = _WD_CreateSession($sCapabilities)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, $WD_SESSION)

; this MsgBox is placed here only to have possibility to manually check if all is fine with Chrome instance
    If Not @Compiled Then MsgBox($MB_OK + $MB_TOPMOST + $MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Information #" & @ScriptLineNumber, "Waiting before _WD_Shutdown()")

_WD_DeleteSession($WD_SESSION)
    _WD_Shutdown()
EndFunc   ;==>_Example_UsingCapabilitesWithChrome

Conclusion:
There is no problem with WebDriver API.

The solutions is to uncomment:

;~  DirCreate($sLog_Dir)

The problem is on user or UDF side. One of them should check if Directory exist and is accesible.

btw.
Sorry but yeasterday I was really tired (was working in my office 14 hour) and thus my post was not well written.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

17 hours ago, Danp2 said:

@LetraindusoirCheck out the coding for _WD_ElementSelectAction.

P.S. Are you using the latest version? I'm guessing not based on the code you posted.

Yes, I am now using the last version that is not the latest one:sweating:

I have seen '_WD_ElementSelectAction'  ,but not very understand,

Because parameters in  '_WD_ElementSelectAction'  are all formal parameters, not specific application scenarios

16 hours ago, mLipok said:

this mean:

Local $sElement_Form = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//form') ;; start looking for "form" element from the root element of the document
Local $sElement_Input = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, '//input', $sElement_Form) ;; start looking for "input" element from $sElement_Form

I seem to understand it.

$sSelector is a child element and $sStartElement is the parent element.

Similar to that of the jquery : $('StartElement').find('Selector')...

1 hour ago, mLipok said:

There is no problem with WebDriver API. The problem is on user or UDF side. One of them should check if Directory exist and is accesible.

I'd say that it's the script writer's responsibility to perform these checks. However, the UDF could do a better job of detecting that the webdriver console exited with errors.

1 hour ago, mLipok said:

Sorry but yeasterday I was really tired (was working in my office 14 hour) and thus my post was not well written.

No worries. Just don't let it happen again! 😜

48 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

However, the UDF could do a better job of detecting that the webdriver console exited with errors.

It does:

__WD_Post: StatusCode=0; ResponseText=WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver...
__WD_Post ==> Send / Recv error: WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver
_WD_CreateSession: WinHTTP request timed out before Webdriver
_WD_CreateSession ==> Webdriver Exception: HTTP status = 0
! ---> @error=10  @extended=0 : Error launching browser
>Exit code: 0    Time: 2.88

But I had to gues, search to know what the real problem was.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@mLipokActually, it doesn't, at least not in the way I meant. You are detecting the failure in _WD_CreateSession. I was suggesting that it could be done sooner in _WD_Startup, which uses Run() to launch the web driver, but it doesn't perform any further checks to make sure that the app hasn't exited with an error code.

I have an issue with using WebDriver I need to use this UDF in headles mode.

Is there a way to handle this kind of pop up message ?

I need to know when it happend and display to EndUser speciall message that he must change the password manually and start processing again.

image.png.0938770789fbef17c92558d5b9b6fe79.png

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

I would suggest _WD_Alert, but I'm assuming that you've already tried that.

As so far no.
Never used.
Will try.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

_WD_Alert should do the trick, and if it doesn't you can always inject JavaScript to hijack the popup function:

window.alert = Function.prototype.bind();

window.alert is the browser function to display a popup like that, and my code creates a new dummy function which does nothing and replaces that with the browser function.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

• Danp2 changed the title to WebDriver UDF (W3C compliant version) - 12/15/2021
On 11/28/2021 at 10:17 PM, mLipok said:

I'm not asking about zooming document, but browser, and if you check then you notice that this are 2 different things.

I found some reference and example which can be used to build an WD_** function which will give current zoom ratio.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Window/devicePixelRatio#example

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Window/devicePixelRatio#monitoring_screen_resolution_or_zoom_level_changes

Here are an interesting examples:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16541676/what-are-best-practices-for-detecting-pixel-ratio-density

Just simple it is a need to check:

window.devicePixelRatio

and AutoIt example:

Func _WD_GetDevicePixelRatio($sSession)
    Local Const $sFuncName = "_WD_GetDevicePixelRatio"
    Local $sResponse = _WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, "return window.devicePixelRatio", Default, Default)
    If @error <> $_WD_ERROR_Success Then _
            Return SetError(__WD_Error($sFuncName, $_WD_ERROR_Exception), "")

Local $oJSON = Json_Decode($sResponse)
    Local $iResult = Json_Get($oJSON, "[value]")
    Return SetError($_WD_ERROR_Success, 0, $iResult)
EndFunc   ;==>_WD_GetDevicePixelRatio

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Danp2 changed the title to WebDriver UDF (W3C compliant version) - 12/27/2021

I have such issue:

image.thumb.png.57103c5e6c6dea1916574cf2074fe064.png

Ist there a way to return new different @ERROR in the case storage is locked ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Can anyone give an example of how to use:
_WD_ExecuteScript() with $bAsync = True

?

Reading the code of this UDF, I'm just guessing that this function doesn't seem to work.
I'd like to take care of it.
But I have no idea how to use it at all, because I don't know what to use it for.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, mLipok said:

Can anyone give an example of how to use:
_WD_ExecuteScript() with $bAsync = True

I had to read the W3C spec to find out how async is different from sync execution. Turns out it's not very different from the sync version, the only difference is that your code gets an extra function argument (which is appended to the special arguments array) that you can call to signal that the script is done, you can also supply a value to this function which will be set as the return value.

Here's the demo code I used to test this:

_WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, 'setTimeout(() => arguments[0]("foobar"), 3000)', True)

This does the same thing as:

_WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, 'return "foobar"')

but with a delay of 3 seconds.

This feature is only useful in complex scripts which require waiting for something on the web-page.

Edited by TheDcoder
Forgot to disable async in 2nd snippet

in: _WD_GetFrameCount() what mean: 

; Remarks .......: The function will not traverse to nested frames

?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Danp2 changed the title to WebDriver UDF (W3C compliant version) - 07/29/2022
  • Jos locked this topic