Runing AutoIt under Linux?

I do my web browsing on my SUSE Laptop, which means when I hit the AutoIT forums, I can't try the cool stuff in your scripts... o:)

So I've installed AutoIT3 and SciTe under WINE. It seems to be working fine. :lmao:

I was just wondering if anyone else had tried this. ;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

awsome! although I'm sure there are things that are impossible...

I dont think that the Reg...() functions would work under linux?

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

awsome! although I'm sure there are things that are impossible...

I dont think that the Reg...() functions would work under linux?

WINE implements Windows APIs and environment using only Open Source code. The registry is fully emulated in a database file. I just ran the following script with no problem:

; Test RegRead() RegWrite() Under WINE
#include <array.au3>

$Key = "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft"

RegWrite($Key & "\MyFirstNewKey")
RegWrite($Key & "\MySecondNewKey")

Dim $KeyList[16]
$KeyList[0] = RegRead($Key, "")
For $n = 1 To 15
    $KeyList[$n] = RegEnumKey($Key, $n)
Next

_ArrayDisplay($KeyList, "List HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft Keys")

One problem I've had is actually with SciTe. While typing the script, where I would normally get a popup offering a list of functions or previously used variables, I get an annoying little EMPTY window, right over top of what I'm typing.

I'm now looking for the option in SciTe to turn off these popups.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

SciTE is currently available for Intel Win32 and Linux compatible operating systems with GTK+. It has been run on Windows 95, NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and on Red Hat Linux 8 and 9 with GTK+ 1.2 and 2.0.

Seems like GTK+ would be needed to be installed if not already.

Seems like GTK+ would be needed to be installed if not already.

Trying to run the editor natively in Linux now, with maybe calls to WINE for running the compiler and executing...

More toys to play with! ;)

I downloaded the gzip of Scintilla and SciTE, compiled and installed. SciTE runs natively in Linux now, but AutoIT is not one of the languages avaiable. The au3.properties file is there and I uncommented it in SciTEGlobal.properties, but still no joy. I'm pretty sure a little more poking around in the config files will get it going. The au3.properties file calls the compiler and stuff straight from C:\Program Files\AutoIT3\ by the windows .exe files. So I'm going to try changing the executables properties to "wine $home/.wine/Drive_C/Program\ Files/AutoIT3/". Got other work to do, more later...

:lmao: