Hi there,

I am working on a project for my accounting department. I need to use autoit to open a webpage, log into it, and click on a specific link.

The problem that I'm having is that I can't seem to find a tutorial that goes through the steps in sequential order. Is there one that I can find online? Or a book that I can buy?

Also, it seems to me, from looking at people's examples, that autoit is very poweful and has a lot of uses. Where do people learn this? Is autoit based on another language?

Thanks

We all learned by reading the help file and running the examples that come along.  There is also Wiki that can guide you when you find something more difficult to understand.

But the basis is try new things, test, retry, retest.  Search the forum for other examples, modify and test.

And after all that you still cannot solve an issue, you can provide the code that is not working, make it runable for all of us, and ask for help here.

@GeorgeSteven welcome to the forum. To answer your specific question, for manipulating web pages there are a couple ways to skin the proverbial cat. Please look at the thread below for one such way; a bit of a learning curve, but the author is responsive to questions.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!