AutoIt Beta v3.1.1.103

BlueScreen

Since I didn't get any response on the thread I have posted in V3 support, I assume that my question belongs to here... :lmao:

I have installed the latest BETA. Since then, non of the scripts work, due to the "Const" which is not "understood"? (according to scite: "Badly formatted "Func" statement.: ")

Installing AutoIt again didn't solved the problem...

Even the example doesn't work for me. What to do?

; Ex. #1:

#include <Array.au3>

$asControls = StringSplit( WinGetClassList( "", "" ), @LF )
_ArrayDisplay( $asControls, "Class List of Active Window" )
Exit

; Ex. #2:

#include <Array.au3>

Dim $avArray[8]
$avArray[0] = 7
$avArray[1] = "Brian"
$avArray[2] = "Jon"
$avArray[3] = "Larry"
$avArray[4] = "Christa"
$avArray[5] = "Rick"
$avArray[6] = "Jack"
$avArray[7] = "Gregory"

_ArrayDisplay( $avArray, "_ArrayDisplay() Test" )
Exit

Thanks, all...

I have toggle to beta run but still didn't help.

I have removed AutoItv3, Autoitv3-Beta and Scite, re-booted, re-installed everything and then it worked again as before...

Cannot explain it... If it will happen again, I'll report...

Thanks and have a nice week everybody...

You didn't need to do all that. If you have beta installed, just use beta run from inside scite. That's seriously all you need to do.

Perhaps true. But there is no Beta stuff in it. The script above has all 3.1.1 release stuff in it.

Perhaps the path to AutoIt3.exe within Scite was wrong or something other simple was wrong.

Perhaps true. But there is no Beta stuff in it. The script above has all 3.1.1 release stuff in it.

Perhaps the path to AutoIt3.exe within Scite was wrong or something other simple was wrong.

I got the exact same problem when I ran it non-beta, and I know I have all my stuff properly installed, so that's not the problem. It errors in array.au3, so could it be a change since 3.1.1.0 on const handling or something similar?

• Moderators

I don't remember _ArrayDisplay() being in the '3.1.1' release? I could be wrong as I don't even have 3.1.1 installed on mine.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I got the exact same problem when I ran it non-beta, and I know I have all my stuff properly installed, so that's not the problem. It errors in array.au3, so could it be a change since 3.1.1.0 on const handling or something similar?

Arh, I see. An updated Array UDF could have Beta content in it. That could cause a drama with 3.1.1 scripts. I understand your advice now. :lmao:

Ya know, I think a lot of people would be better off if they had ONLY beta. Like.. if Jon stopped hosting the original "stable" release, or made everything run from the beta exe, there would be much fewer problems.

You wanting Jon to make the beta the "stable" version prematurely?

Because some people are idiots and they see the word "Beta" and instantly think the software will erase their hard drive. People apparently think programmers have a magic switch which turns bad code into good code when software transitions from "Beta" to "Stable". Without a release marked "Stable", people will not use the software at all.

Because some people are idiots and they see the word "Beta" and instantly think the software will erase their hard drive. People apparently think programmers have a magic switch which turns bad code into good code when software transitions from "Beta" to "Stable". Without a release marked "Stable", people will not use the software at all.

I totally agree with that. But then, are you sure those people are the ones you want to use the software? Aren't they the ones who overload the support forum with "oh this function doesn't exist" and "why am I getting all these weird errors about TCP this and Dll that"? I figure if they aren't smart enough to get beta despite the thousands of comments telling them to, they shouldn't use AutoIt at all.

lmao.

I cant argue that point either, but alas the world is full of dummies and sometimes they are good to have around.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)