Non-english Characters?

Guest Harley

Guest Harley

I wrote a script/app with 'AutoIt' and it works fine, but there is one thing that makes me stupid.

Is there a way to use special german characters in window-titels and/or

messageboxes?

ä,ö,ü,ß - it is very difficult to give help to the german users of my app without them

and 'AutiIt' seems to be the only Application on my computer that can't use them.

best regards, Harley

Seems to work for me, It might be that you are saving the files in the wrong format?

I have english version of windows, and this code worked fine:

msgbox(1,"ä,ö,ü,ß","")

Try Saving the file in ANSI with your text editor.

edit... do compiled versions have that same issue?

Edited by scriptkitty

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Seems to work for me, It might be that you are saving the files in the wrong format?

I have english version of windows, and this code worked fine:

msgbox(1,"ä,ö,ü,ß","")

Try Saving the file in ANSI with your text editor.

edit... do compiled versions have that same issue?

Working on Windows ME (French version)

Guest Harley

Oh Lord, more brain please....

Sitting, a million lines of code running thru my head and the easiest way?

scriptkitty, you are right - my mistake

Thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, that seems kind of complicated for me. I just want it to do the special characters into a text field on a website. Is there anyway to hold down ALT and press numbers at the same time with AutoIt? For example, ALT+149 = ò.

**** Ooo, I was using the old version ^^ *****

Edited by powertool

Hmm, that seems kind of complicated for me.  I just want it to do the special characters into a text field on a website.  Is there anyway to hold down ALT and press numbers at the same time with AutoIt?  For example, ALT+149 = ò.

Send("{ASC 149}")

I think it's mentioned in the "Send" docs right below the big table; might appear at the very top in the appendix entry for "Send Keys."

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Administrators

Hmm, that seems kind of complicated for me.  I just want it to do the special characters into a text field on a website.  Is there anyway to hold down ALT and press numbers at the same time with AutoIt?  For example, ALT+149 = ò.

Which version? JP did a lot of working making AutoIt send many more non-english characters than earlier versions.

BTW I have similar problem with ClipPut function, because it put text in the ANSI format. It's good, but under WinXP it put correct symbols only if default keyboard layout the same as system locale (my default keyboard layout is english and it's different from system locale). Same problem exists in the other apps that copy text in ANSI instead Unicode.

Maybe this is a cause of problem?

BTW I have similar problem with ClipPut function, because it put text in the ANSI format. It's good, but under WinXP it put correct symbols only if default keyboard layout the same as system locale (my default keyboard layout is english and it's different from system locale). Same problem exists in the other apps that copy text in ANSI instead Unicode.

Maybe this is a cause of problem?

My default keyboard is french and the system locale is english and that's working on my system. :D