Reading State of CTS on a USB-TTL Board and and send Command on other serial port

Hello,

I'm new here and I'm not really into AutoIt yet. I have a problem and I hope here's someone clever who can help me........

I have a Transceiver (Yaesu FT 911a) which is connected to my laptop via a USB Device Server to make it usable in my LAN. The Transceiver shows up in the Device Manager as a Serial Port (Com 4 (and as an USB Sound Card - but that works and it's not important here)). Everything works good but I always gotta click a button in my software to transmit. That's absolutely disturbing because I'm caught in that program and can't google something in the background, a.s.o. So I wish to press a real (physical) switch to transmit (PTT (Press To Talk) switch).

For someone with the right skill's I'm sure it's not that hard to implement.

The script needs to do the following:

When I press the switch (CTS and GROUND on the USB-TTL Board (Com 15) is shortened) => The script gotta send "TX1" on Com 4 (to the transceiver) right away.

When I leave the switch (CTS and GROUND on the USB-TTL Board (Com 15) is no more shortened) => The Script gotta send "TX0" on Com 4 right away.

Is something like that possible? If "yes" how?

I attached a file whoch shows the protocol. But I think I described it the right way.

I appreciate any help!

Best regards

Manuel

FT-991A_CAT_OM_ENG_1711-D(1).pdf

Hello I think you probably could use the COMPort UDF and try to implement part of this commands here. 

Saludos

I think u meant the function "_ComSendString" for sending the commands, right? As far as I understood the function can be saved as an .au3 file. But no matter what I enter nothing happens when I run the file.

Func _ComSendString($hComPort=Com13, $string=TX1, $encoding=1)
   Local $charArray
   If $encoding<1 Or $encoding>2 Then Return SetError(1,1,-1)
   $charArray = StringToASCIIArray($string, 0, StringLen($string), $encoding)
   Return _ComSendCharArray($hComPort, $charArray)
EndFunc   ;==>_ComSendString

Best regards

Manuel

Hello dmob,

excuse me, I'm still a noob. How to declarea function? Wanted to start the function testwise to see if it works.... but obviously it doesn't work since I didn't declare it the right way. Later - if that works I would like to start the funtion only when CTS is connected to GND on the USB-TTL board which is connected to Com 8....

Thanks in advance

Manuel

You should learn at least the basic of the language to know how to implement what you want. you would need to check the Port. Open the Port, send command, handle response. I think If you just will run code without knowing what you're doing, maybe your best option is to hire a freelancer in some place that help you with this task. 

Saludos