'Send' function not working!

This is weird! Not sure if its a bug but, 'Send' function isn't working (on a startup program) upon starting PC after 'Shut down'. So I've to close and restart the program, for it to accept the input. But if I 'Restart' the PC then it somehow works fine (no need of program restart). I'm running on Windows 10 20H2.

Any idea what could be causing this weird behavior?

yes. So in Windows now, Shutdown isn't really a real shutdown. It basically snapshots what's running so start up is more like returning from sleep and boots appear very fast. Restarting the machine is what the old reboot used to do, a clean restart of EVERYTHING.

So when you just shut down, the app is probably left running. There is a way to configure Win10 to CLOSE all running apps on shutdown (which is what I do) and that might help your issue here.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

Share your code if you want more information or write a sample application that demonstrates the problem so other people can test if they wish

I’m not sure about the internal workings because I can’t see the code for AutoIt 

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

I think you can assume Earthshine is talking about Windows 10, as is the OP who mentions Windows 10 20H2 in the first post. "Fast Startup" (in Windows 10) has only been around since Windows 8 (called "Fast Boot"), which does exactly this incomplete shutdown that is being talked about here. (You can turn it off in Win 10, though).

Edit: Earthshine was faster! 😁

Edited by Professor_Bernd