Trying to make a small voice control program.

Hi all! So I have looked all over for a solution and found something that almost meets my goal. 
The closest thing that I can find with search is this: 

The reason that I don't use existing solutions like Dragon Naturally Speaking is two fold. Those programs tend to be way too bloated for my rather simple needs and they tend to lack customization (or the customization gets buried in the maze of other settings).
Ideally, I would like to be able to launch programs or even better, fire off functions with voice commands.

Any ideas, because I'm pretty lost. 😕 

Edited by Draygoes
Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

51 minutes ago, Draygoes said:

... Any ideas, because I'm pretty lost. 😕

this funny script https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/83481-bass-function-library-sound-and-music-functions/?do=findComment&comment=1145132 (see the attached rar file) recognizes the number of claps and starts a function accordingly, far enough away from recognizing the words, but maybe it might interest you to be adapted to your purposes ....

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Huh, that's very cool! Thanks for digging that up. :) 
I definitely  want to end up being able to spit out actual voice commands, but you're right in that it's neat and it does interest me. I'm sure there's something that would be fun to automate with claps. :D 

Spoiler

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

I've been wondering if it would be possible to do waveform comparisons using graphics, like you record the words one by one, make a graphical waveform visualization of the words and store them, then when you speak words they also are translated into waveform and compared to the waveforms you have stored, the closets matching should be the word spoken and you trigger whatever event.

So kinda "seeing" the words instead of hearing.

Edited by Werty
tpyo, wace=wave

Some guy's script + some other guy's script = my script!

On 6/21/2021 at 6:31 AM, Werty said:

I've been wondering if it would be possible to do waveform comparisons using graphics, like you record the words one by one, make a graphical waveform visualization of the words and store them, then when you speak words they also are translated into waveform and compared to the waveforms you have stored, the closets matching should be the word spoken and you trigger whatever event.

So kinda "seeing" the words instead of hearing.

I've thought of that too, but I can't imagine getting two of the same results from the same statement in two different recordings. It makes me curious as to how the big players do it though.

Edited by Draygoes
Spoiler