Ie Shell Question

I am new to using autoit, i am opening an explorer shell in a tab of a gui. I would like to communicate with this webpage...what am i doing wrong?

here is my code

#include <IE.au3>

$Tab=GUICtrlCreateTab (0,0, 1000,700)

$Tab0=GUICtrlCreateTabitem ("Database")

$oIE = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")

$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 25, 900, 670)

GUICtrlSetStyle($oIE, $WS_VISIBLE)

$oIE.navigate("http://directbuy420.com/admin/admin/")

; get pointers to the login form and username and password fields

$o_form = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "logoninfo")

$o_login = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "username")

$o_password = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($o_form, "password")

; Set field values and submit the form

_IEFormElementSetValue($o_login, "blank")

_IEFormElementSetValue($o_password, "blank")

_IEFormSubmit($o_form)

Exit

I relize i may need to use the ie attach function, but a m not sure as to how to do that

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note - If in attempting to help someone checks the page i am loading, i understand that the form names in the above code are incorrect.

Thank you in advance

Edit - It returns the error that the objects declared must be valid objects, it is not finding the objects because it does not see the shell window i guess. how would i activate that window inside the tab to send functions to it?

Edited by directbuy420

There are so many problems wth this code -- it doesn't use the GUI functions properly or the IE.au3 functions properly.

Forget about the code for a minute and describe what you are really trying to accomplish.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Where can IE.au3 be obtained?

See my sig (it is here)

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I would like to have a gui, with a tab interface, in one of the tabs I would like to open an internet explorer window. I would then like to be able to automate some functions of that web page. I have the tab, and the webpage in the tab, I cannoy however send commands to that webpage right now. how would i accomplish this?

Most of your troubles are on the GUI side... you are missing the include for GUIConstants, you are missing the GUICreate(), you are attempting a GUICtrlSetStyle on the IE COM object instead of a GUI element, you'll need an event loop for your GUI...

Also, if you use the _IENavigate() function instead of the .navigate method directly it will automatically call _IELoadWait() for you to insure the document load completes before attempting to access elements in it...

That should be a start.

Dale

Edit: typo

Edited by DaleHohm