Can you fix the HotKeySet and @HotKeyPressed

Can you fix this in the coming release of Autoit. Can you release the bug fix this week. The two lines contain critical bugs that prevent the development of my tutoring typing keyboard.

HotKeySet("{}}","CaptureAlert") ; bug does not capture

HotKeySet("&","CaptureAlert") ; bug does not capture

Func CaptureAlert

MsgBox(0,0,@HotKeyPressed) ; !#+^{} these special characters show a bug indicative of 3 characters instead of 1 for @HotKeyPressed in the message box result. Fix the result of @HotKeyPressed to be 1 character to fix the bug.

EndFunc

I can not see any bug here... 

HotKeySet("&","CaptureAlert")

works fine here on my german keyboard when pressing  "SHIFT" and "6" at the same time

HotKeySet("{}}","CaptureAlert")

This is not a valid Key!  What key do you want to be the HotKey here?

Rule #1: Always do a backup         Rule #2: Always do a backup (backup of rule #1)

Do you really think that our huge development team is just waiting to create a patch for you in the shortest possible time?</sarcasm>

Back to real life:

• First you have to proof that it is a real bug
  • Then you have to create a Trac ticket
  • Then one of the developer has to accept the ticket as a bug
  • Then one of the developer has to write a patch
  • Then you have to wait for the release of the next beta version of AutoIt

That's called professional software development.
But I think this is nothing new for you, since you develop software yourself.
So could you please start with step 1 ...

BTW: We (developers, forum members ...) are just volunteers spending their rare spare time to develop and support AutoIt. So please be patient :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I discovered that the & is not a bug in reading that $SS_NOPREFIX was missing from my label and every time the HotKeySet() informed the label of the hotkey pressed the ampersand was not read correctly because $SS_NOPREFIX was not there. Now it is working with a label with $SS_NOPREFIX.

I think this post illustrates the problem I was having with the right brace not registering. The Autoit help manual specifies that the right brace must be enclosed in braces. Somehow there is a bug still from 2013 when the post found it. I will look into a Trac Ticket to submit the bug.

Bunch of arrows!

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I will post my typing tutor script in example scripts for those interested in it. I hope the bug associated with the promised brace of Send() more info on that page / HotKeySet() in the help file get resolved by the developer. It is annoying how it says its supposed to work on the Send help file page section on right brace. It took me a long time to find a work around the bug by reading on the forum. The support is excellent.

• Melba23 changed the title to Can you fix the HotKeySet and @HotKeyPressed
7 hours ago, gemtoc said:

Can you release the bug fix this week

Yes, I will put all my men over this immediately...

2 hours ago, gemtoc said:

It took me a long time to find a work around the bug by reading on the forum

What I have seen in the past, searching for a solution, you should have greatly increase you knowledge of the language...

On 7/16/2021 at 5:58 PM, gemtoc said:
HotKeySet("{}}","CaptureAlert")

This is correct syntax.

Could you tell me where in the AutoIt help file it says that this is the correct syntax?  I can't find any mention of this on the page for "HotKeySet".

• Developers
7 minutes ago, leuce said:

Could you tell me where in the AutoIt help file it says that this is the correct syntax?

The key combination to use as the hotkey. Same format as Send(). See remarks.

Send() Command (if zero flag) Resulting Keypress
{!} !
{#} #
{+} +
{^} ^
{{} {
{}} }

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)