is something wrong with my autoit?

So, i installed the setup file and set everything up fine, but the autoit 3 folder is nowhere to be found anywhere. i tried running a script and all i get is a popup tht says "could not register the f9 hotkey" i'm new to this so tell me if i missed anything. i also istalled SciTE to see if it would change anything but it didnt. the folder isnt on my pc and i cant run scripts. im starting to get mad at this, so did i miss anything or is it a bug or something?

ngry.PNG

Your AutoIt3 folder should be located under C:\Programs.

If not, then it's possible your anti-virus program removed it, or some other thing happened.

Be patient. Eventually, you'll figure it out.

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

11 minutes ago, noodle9023 said:

So, i installed the setup file and set everything up fine, but the autoit 3 folder is nowhere to be found anywhere. [...]

i also istalled SciTE to see if it would change anything but it didnt.

I would proceed as follows :
Uninstall both AutoIt and the full version of the SciTE Editor for AutoIt (if you have it installed).

Do a fresh installation:
1. install the latest 'stable' version of AutoIt : autoit-v3-setup.exe

2. install the full version of the SciTE Editor for AutoIt : SciTE4AutoIt3.exe

Check, if you can now Compile or Run a simple script inside the SciTE-Editor.

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

21 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

This is likely coming from your script, but that's only a guess since you didn't show us any code.

@Danp2 is of course right ! Without the source code, one can only make assumptions.

I just wanted to make sure, that @noodle9023 is using the correct installers from the AutoItScript website.

@noodle9023 : Please try the following script :

HotKeySet("{F9}", "Terminate")
While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Terminate()
    MsgBox(0, "Skript terminated : ", "Path of the interpreter running the file : " & @CRLF & @AutoItExe)
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate

Is it working ?

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."