Setup OUTPUT panel in SciTE

I have a couple of problems with this panel. I don't have enough space. I want to see a lot of code and constantly have to resize the panel to see the output info. And two questions.

Can I detach this OUTPUT panel into a separate window on a second monitor?

Or at least change font size? Now the text size of the code and this panel is the same. But the panel doesn't need that much.

Ideally, of course, transfer to a second monitor ) But maybe there are some other interesting solutions to this problem?? To debug code like ConsoleWrite

• Developers
3 hours ago, mike2003 said:

Can I detach this OUTPUT panel into a separate window on a second monitor?

Not that I know.... I am using the standard SciTE distribution with minimal core source changes specifically for AutoIt3.

Or at least change font size? Now the text size of the code and this panel is the same. But the panel doesn't need that much.

This line will change the outputpane to courier new size 8

style.errorlist.32=font:Courier New,size:8,back:#FFFFFF

..or temporary change the fontsize by clicking in the outputpane and do Ctrl+NumMin to make the font smaller.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

But maybe there are some other interesting solutions to this problem?? To debug code like ConsoleWrite

You could use a logging UDF like Loga. It allows two ways:

1. it print its debug messages into the console, but at the same time into a logfile. Which you could open and watch on your 2nd monitor, preferrably using a tool which constantly displays new lines of the file. I think LogExpert should do the job (untested)
  2. it allows to have its own outpout windows, see example 09 of the udf.

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)