Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) problem

Hello,

if the RDP session is already established, then the TCP:3389 is occupied and due to my best knowlege no other process will be able to open TCP:3389. I belive this is already fact, when the RDP service is just running and listening, without an active RDP connection.

Perhaps you could provide a more detailed description of your environment? (flat LAN, routed LAN, VPN tunnel to Corp. LAN, ...)

to see what's going on use a CMD.EXE box and execute this command:

netstat -ano

the last column will give you the PID of the process that port is belonging to.

CU, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

• Developers
4 minutes ago, rudi said:

if the RDP session is already established, then the TCP:3389 is occupied and due to my best knowlege no other process will be able to open TCP:3389.

Nah ... not really as a TerminalServer can handle multiple clients. ;) 

Obviously only one program running on the server can open end listen to that port.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The OP states as problem "RDP Session cancels at times".

I interprete this as "The RDP session is established, and then dies".

When the RDP session is already opened, then on the target RDP Host the RDP service has TCP:3389 occupied already and due to my best knowlege no other process should be able to register for TCP:3389 as well, causing "RDP Sessions to cancel".

"TS can handle multiple clients"

of course. Like a web server, that many HTTP/HTTPS clients can connect to at the same time.

But only one web server instance can occupy TCP:80 or TCP:443 at the same time, as it is "occupied" by the already running process, no other process will be able to *LISTEN* on the same TCP port again.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

• Developers

We are totally in agreement... multiple Clients on the same port can connect and only one process on a server can open a specific port. (As I also stated.) ;) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)