Launching Script Doesn't Display GUI

jestahh

Hi there,

I'm having an issue as a user rather than as a creator of a script here - I've recently been attempting to launch a number of different au3 files which all have their own GUI setups, yet whenever I do nothing appears or shows up. These scripts are definitely functional as I've seen friends use them before, but when I use them nothing shows up.

If it helps, the script does appear in task manager as a running process - so it feels as though the file has launched but I just can't see the GUI. I've tried running as admin, disabling my anti-virus as well but to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it not to appear?

4 hours ago, jestahh said:

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it not to appear?

The latest version of AutoIt includes some groundbreaking features, among others it is now armed with Artificial Intelligence.

Whenever a user launches an .au3 file that does not comply with Forum Rules, Human Rights or a healthy lifestyle, the execution is prevented. For example, if you order a pepperoni pizza and your health scores are poor, you'll get the broccoli one :lol:.

I've recently been attempting to launch a number of different au3 files which all have their own GUI setups, yet whenever I do nothing appears or shows up.

Seriously, what kind of help do you expect without posting at least one of the scripts.

Edited by Musashi

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• Developers

@jestahh,

Post the code that demonstrates the issue when you like to receive a serious answer as we aren't clairvoyant. ;) 

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I have very similar occasional problem with our development tool (not AutoIt) GUI at work:

After run (click on its icon on desktop) GUI was off screen, later I discovered X,Y=-32000 and status of window was hidden.

So I created this small repair utility

which set X,Y=0 set W,H=800/600 and set status of window from hidden to visible (SHOW):

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ; substring

$win = WinGetHandle("My title")

If Not @error Then
    If Not @Compiled Then
        $pos = WinGetPos($win)
        ConsoleWrite('X,Y,W,H: ' & $pos[0] & ',' & $pos[1] & ',' & $pos[2] & ',' & $pos[3] & @crlf) ; X,Y,W,H: -32000,-32000,160,28
    EndIf
    WinMove($win, '', 0, 0, 800, 600)
    WinSetState($win, '', @SW_SHOW)
EndIf

Edited by Zedna