Parse Data from Custom File

CidQu

• Moderators

CidQu,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

Google tells me that this type of file is a Doom data file - why are you trying to read data from it? 

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

24 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

CidQu,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum.

Google tells me that this type of file is a Doom data file - why are you trying to read data from it? 

M23

Thank for the reply,

This file is from DEATHLOOP. Doom and Deathloop are made from the same game engine so they may be similar. Yes, I want to read the data then translate it to my original language then compile it again.

Just now, AlessandroAvolio said:

I don't know if it could help but you can rename it appending .txt at the end and so read some text inside

I can read the text without converting it to .txt, The problem is there are 800 files like this. I need to make a script to extract all of this, I'm trying to find a way with youtube tutorials but couldn't make anything.

19 minutes ago, CidQu said:

I can read the text without converting it to .txt, The problem is there are 800 files like this. I need to make a script to extract all of this, I'm trying to find a way with youtube tutorials but couldn't make anything.

You will need:

6 minutes ago, AlessandroAvolio said:

I think this is just listing all the files in one place. I already have all files listed, I want the data inside of that. Example

800Files with 2400 Text on it.

I need to open all files by my hand, copy 3 sentences each. I want a script for it.

You need a little knowledge of the language to be able to do what you say. Create a new text file that will host the contents of all files. In AutoIT, form an array with the paths of all files to read. With a for loop go through the array. Inside the loop you read the binary content of each file in the array. Progressively write and add binary data to the file created at the beginning.

_FileListToArray
FileRead in binary mode
FileOpen in Write mode (append to end of file)
FileWrite
FileClose

• Moderators

CidQu,,

Despite the fact that these are "game files", I see this as merely a file manipulation problem and so I am happy to leave the thread open.

AlessandroAvolio,

Could I gently point you towards this announcement. I normally make it crystal clear when this is the case, but I was working from a spare tablet this morning and did not have my normal Mod tools suite available. No harm done in this case, but please take note for the future. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

8 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

CidQu,,

Despite the fact that these are "game files", I see this as merely a file manipulation problem and so I am happy to leave the thread open.

AlessandroAvolio,

Could I gently point you towards this announcement. I normally make it crystal clear when this is the case, but I was working from a spare tablet this morning and did not have my normal Mod tools suite available. No harm done in this case, but please take note for the future. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

M23

I guessed it wasn't against the rules, thanks for the warning!

• Moderators

AlessandroAvolio,

No problem.

M23

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Melba23 said:

CidQu,,

AlessandroAvolio,

M23

Sorry about it. I think parsing data from games is not allowed due to licensing. That's kinda fair 😕 I just wanted to translate this game to my native language, sorry if I just made any problems. You can check the data they are only text files, but anyway thanks for helping me out!

• Moderators

CidQu,

I think parsing data from games is not allowed due to licensing. That's kinda fair

In which case...<click> (c) Jos

M23

Spoiler