How to find class name for WinWaitActive?

Hi! You can get window class name by using _WinAPI_GetClassName function:
 https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_WinAPI_GetClassName.htm 

You'll need to give as first parameter at least a window title or a window handle.

If you don't know already before the window title, you can still obtain the window handle by using WinGetHandle function on an active window:

$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]")

Edited by AlessandroAvolio

The window has several controls. No program can currently read your mind and select the control you think. What you can do instead is have the list of all the controls. You can use the function WinGetClassList() that retrieves the classes from a window. :) 

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Main()

Func Main()

; Run Wordpad
    Run("write")

; Wait 10 seconds for the Notepad window to appear.
    Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:WordPadClass]", "", 10)

; Retrieve the classlist of the Wordpad window using the handle returned by WinWait.
    Local $sClassList = WinGetClassList($hWnd)

; Display the classlist.
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $sClassList)

; Close the Wordpad window using the handle returned by WinWait.

WinClose($hWnd)

EndFunc

1 hour ago, AlessandroAvolio said:

The window has several controls. No program can currently read your mind and select the control you think. What you can do instead is have the list of all the controls.

Who said anything about controls?  I think he just wants to know the class of the window so he can WinWait for it to show up.

Code hard, but don’t hard code...

26 minutes ago, JockoDundee said:

Who said anything about controls?  I think he just wants to know the class of the window so he can WinWait for it to show up.

I'm sorry,I thought I was speaking to op... in fact at first I couldn't understand your answer, I ended up believing the author was asking me something more specific, with the help of a screenshot. I thought you were talking about controls having noticed a red box around RICHEDIT50W in the screenshot.  

Edited by AlessandroAvolio

2 hours ago, AlessandroAvolio said:

with the help of a screenshot. I thought you were talking about controls having noticed a red box around RICHEDIT50W in the screenshot.  

No worries.  It wasn’t my screenshot, if it was I would have circled the class field.  OP probably figured it out by now.

Code hard, but don’t hard code...