Windows XP Cold/Hard Reboot

oleg

Assuming AutoIt does a full shutdown of the computer, the only way this could be remotely possible--no pun intended--is if you are on a network and somehow have a Wake-on-LAN packet sent from another computer (or router?) on your network.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

Edit: typo fix

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Push the power button? Pull the power cord?

A "cold reboot"/"hard reboot" is not initiated from software.

o:) Good one Valik :lmao:

Can i cause a system error or halt the windows in some way so they will automatically hard reboot ?

Really guys there must be a way ;)

There is a hex ( 31303030303030 ) reasons i love AutoIt !

o:) Good one Valik :lmao:

Can i cause a system error or halt the windows in some way so they will automatically hard reboot ?

Really guys there must be a way ;)

If it's initiated from software, it's a soft reboot. Windows crashing is just a soft reboot. It requires some sort of hardware interaction to be a hard reboot.

Assuming AutoIt does a full shutdown of the computer, the only way this could be remotely possible--no pun intended--is if you are on a network and somehow have a Wake-on-LAN packet sent from another computer (or router?) on your network.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

Edit: typo fix

You give me the partial answer to a question that has plagued me for months! I knew about WOL but I hadn't yet come to the idea of having my router initiate the packet (To be fair to myself, I hadn't really thought about the idea much since I've discovered just how powerful my router is).

You could always rig up a script to switch off/on the power to your computer and have the BIOS set to resume last state after a power cut. :lmao:

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

You could always rig up a script to switch off/on the power to your computer and have the BIOS set to resume last state after a power cut. ;)

What do you mean set a power state ? s3 or something . Didnt really recived that :lmao:

What do you mean set a power state ? s3 or something . Didnt really recived that :lmao:

A lot of computers have in the BIOS the facility that if the computer was running when a power cut happened they will restart when the power comes back on.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

A lot of computers have in the BIOS the facility that if the computer was running when a power cut happened they will restart when the power comes back on.

Oh I got what you mean but this is not what i want to do o:) I want to create a service that will run on heavy duty pc stations :lmao: in Game Centers to be exact . Well because usualy they run many applications / games together its takes a lot time to restart the systems so im looking for the way to ignore running application and restart without saving any data just like puling a power cord plug ;)

Hi,

maybe this can help: :lmao:

#include <Process.au3>
#NoTrayIcon
Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "shutdown -s -f -t " & $CmdLine[1] & ' -c "Shutdown initiated!"' , "", @SW_HIDE)
Exit(0)

or

#include <Process.au3>
#NoTrayIcon
If $CmdLine[0] > 0 Then
    Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "shutdown -s -f -t " & $CmdLine[1] & ' -c "Shutdown initiated!"', "", @SW_HIDE)
Else
    Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "shutdown -s -f -t " & "100" & ' -c "Shutdown initiated!"', "", @SW_HIDE)
EndIf
Exit (0)

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Oh I got what you mean but this is not what i want to do o:) I want to create a service that will run on heavy duty pc stations :lmao: in Game Centers to be exact . Well because usualy they run many applications / games together its takes a lot time to restart the systems so im looking for the way to ignore running application and restart without saving any data just like puling a power cord plug ;)

you could try something like this. it closes all visible windows, then forces a shutdown...

untested

$wl = WinList()
For $x = 1 to $wl[0][0]
    If BitAND(WinGetState($wl[$x][0]),1) Then WinClose($wl[$x][0])
Next
Shutdown(9)

Or as was stated in another thread. If you get ahold of a powerstrip that will allow you to send a power off command that will be a software initiated "plug puller".

Just a thought borrowed from CyberSlug (I think).

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Or as was stated in another thread. If you get ahold of a powerstrip that will allow you to send a power off command that will be a software initiated "plug puller".

Just a thought borrowed from CyberSlug (I think).

JS

Almost the same, you could get a relay card, and wire it to your reset switch on the pc.
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

The only other thing is If you are running some version of windows, and don't shutdown correctly, you run the risk of hosing windows. (In that the thing will start having errors) :lmao:

-been there, saw that, bought the t-shirt, it didn't fix, needed a bigger shirt, bought a hat too! ;)

The only other thing is If you are running some version of windows, and don't shutdown correctly, you run the risk of hosing windows. (In that the thing will start having errors) :lmao:

-been there, saw that, bought the t-shirt, it didn't fix, needed a bigger shirt, bought a hat too! ;)

I can understand that, but I have ever had issues with unplugging a computer. Now I am sure it all depends on what is happening at the time.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)