activation key - (Moved)

Hello everyone, i'm new in autoit , i have a specification while writing a script for new packaging software, in this software specification i have to insert an activation key provided automatically once the application is launched.

Who provides the key? another online server? 

you need to figure out what the application wants to satisfy the condition that the key has been received and applied.

show us your script for advice and more help

once you know what the launched application needs (many times it's just registry entries that must be made), just do it in AutoIt. Remember that AutoIt gets flagged as malware by every major security software and cannot be used in many corporate environments (so much so we stopped using it with our installers completely so we can do business with our customers who demand we don't use it or else).

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

Hello,

The activation jey is provided from the software owner of the enterprise it self .

here is is the script

;WinWaitActive("iX Developer 2.40 SP4")
        ;Sleep(10000)
        ;Send("!n")
        ;Send("{TAB}")
        ;Send("{TAB}")

;Send("76")

;;Send("2F-00")

;Send("BF")

;Send("-2226")

;Send("-9C")

;Send("07")
        ;Send("{TAB}")
        ;Send("{TAB}")
        ;Send("{TAB}")
        ;Send("{ENTER}")

it works finally, but the problem is  that  the application is launched automatically once i run the script , in our case , the user should launch it from the icon from desktop

any help

Looking at your script it’s next to impossible for me to tell what you’re actually doing and using the send commands is not the best way to communicate with your application. You will probably have to write a little utility that sits in the task tray waiting for the application to fire which to me seems really inefficient and not a good design at all. 

That application should do its own work. If it’s not activated it should be able to find the activation key automatically if it’s available or ask the user where it is. That’s how everything else works in the professional world. You install some software and they ask you to license it before you can use it. Foisting it off on to you in a third-party application to get it licensed is extremely cheesy and you can tell them I said that. It’s lame

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

Most of the time if you look, the application will store this "license" somewhere and you can brute force it by editing a file, a registry key, something.

Unless it has to reach out to the cloud, but even then usually there is a way to embed it during install so that at first launch it will reach out to do that.

As far as your method, as mentioned Send is very crude and a last resort.  Atleast look into ControlSend() or something.

If you absolutely MUST activate it at first launch, well then perhaps dont give the users a shortcut to the application, but a shortcut to your application.

Which then launched the native application and does the activation stuff, upon completion deletes the shortcut to the autoit script and then replaces it with a shortcut to the original application.