Default button (for a form)

psynegy

Got my Nifty GUI here, with its username box and its password box, and even a login button! But it lacks the ability to accept the enter key from a user instead of pressing Login... Is there a way to detect the key ONLY when in the 2 forms, AKA without using HotKeySet()?

• 2 weeks later...

What if u wanna set a key as a hotkey durig when the script is running? is there anyway that the gui will detect what key is depressed and then save into a ini the detected key and set as hotkey?

like inside a game...you want to change hotkey for moving forward from w to another letter. so in the ini there will be w saved as hotkey for this game hotkey. so how to get the gui to DETECT what u press so it will input what u press into the ini and replace the w with the other letter? (Btw, i know how to save inis, but dunno how to get gui to detect.)

• Moderators

What if u wanna set a key as a hotkey durig when the script is running? is there anyway that the gui will detect what key is depressed and then save into a ini the detected key and set as hotkey?

like inside a game...you want to change hotkey for moving forward from w to another letter. so in the ini there will be w saved as hotkey for this game hotkey. so how to get the gui to DETECT what u press so it will input what u press into the ini and replace the w with the other letter? (Btw, i know how to save inis, but dunno how to get gui to detect.)

Take a look at IniRead() / IniWrite() / GUICtrlRead() / GUICtrlSetData() in the help file.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Got my Nifty GUI here, with its username box and its password box, and even a login button! But it lacks the ability to accept the enter key from a user instead of pressing Login... Is there a way to detect the key ONLY when in the 2 forms, AKA without using HotKeySet()?

psynegy,

I was just looking through the GUI help files to attempt that very same username / password login function. This GUI stuff is totally confusing me. Care to share the code you're using??

psynegy,

I was just looking through the GUI help files to attempt that very same username / password login function. This GUI stuff is totally confusing me. Care to share the code you're using??

Hey! Now I can say that I know the MuffinMan! :lmao:

[quote] Gilbertson's Law: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.Sandro Alvares: Flaxcrack is please not noob! i can report you is stop stupid. The Post[/quote]I made this: FWD & MD5PWD()

hmm maybe abit more specific? lets say i click on a button, then a new gui pops up, and i put a label there asking for the user to press a key. Then, i want the gui to detect for any keyboard input, then it records and displays the input. So if the user just presses the letter a, a second label will set data as "a". but how to detect?

• Moderators

Nvm, i kinda got it already, which is to use beta. but i dunno, is there anything in beta that cant run the non beta version? meaning that will all scripts still be able to run with beta?

All scripts that you 'currently' make can run in Beta, there are some #include<> files that are non-existant or have been combined with others since the public release... but if your making a new script you'll find it more stable, with more options.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.