Active Directory UDF - create CHM help file

water

35 minutes ago, water said:

Please unpack the ZIP file and the AD CHM file should work like the AutoIt help file :)
"Open this Script" and "Copy to Clipboard have been added.

Any comments?

• AD.CHM can now be started directly without any problems (no more 'unblocking' required). ==> OK
  • "Copy to Clipboard" and copying examples via CTRL-C/-V ==> OK
  • "Open this Script" operates as expected ==> OK
  • Clicking on standard commands within the examples displays the respective AutoIt-Help.  ==> OK
  • The appearance is analogous to the AutoIt-Help.

Well done :).

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

1 hour ago, water said:

Done!

I have posted the latest version of the CHM file in post #1.
Please unpack the ZIP file and the AD CHM file should work like the AutoIt help file :)
"Open this Script" and "Copy to Clipboard have been added.

Any comments?

very nice, it's more convenient to use examples now
P.S.
wanting to be picky (and boring), ...the comments in the listing are not green ... :geek:

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Correct, the CSS used for the CodeBox is not in sync with the one used for the AutoIt help file.
Will have a  look.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I have modified the contents tab.
You now get a grouped list of functions :)

grafik.png.9c61e1f5e22b638970322c04039e68c1.png

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

This work is entirely based on tools created by MrCreatoR.
One of this tools formats the code in the code box.
The goal is to make it look like the AutoIt help file. Some fine tuning is still needed.
As soon as I find some spare time I will have a look.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 weeks later...

As we now have a CHM file for the AD UDF the next steps could be:

• A single key should open ALL help files
  • If the cursor is on a word related to AutoIt and this help key is pressed the AutoIt help file should be opened
  • If the cursor is on a function name from the Active Directory UDF and this help key is pressed the AD help file should be opened and so on ...
  • It should be easy to add further help files
  • This should become true around Xmas

Spoiler

Some guys on the german forum are already working on this :)

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Perfect job @water, as usual.

One remark, I have a blank page for these functions :

_AD_CreateMailbox
_AD_CreateMailboxPS
_AD_DeleteMailbox
_AD_MailEnableGroup
_AD_SetPassword

Is fixed in version 1.6.0.0 of the AD UDF.
Please download the UDF again if you directly downloaded the CHM file or if you are running an older version of the UDF.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@water Great job as usual, couple of things:

• After extracting I still needed to unblock the .chm file before I could use it.
  • In _AD_Open example you mention that it supports userPrincipalName, in our environment samAccountName is in the format <Site Code><First Initial><Middle Initial><Surname Initial> whereas our UPN is in the format firstname.surname@domain.com this is used for MFA in Azure/AD hybrid environment.

I see. I use PowerShell to create the ZIP file because I was unable to retain the directory structure with the ZIP UDFs I found on the forum.
Will have to do further investigation.

As you can see on line 21 to 23 I build the different logon types in the script.
If there is a way to extract this information from Windows I'll be happy to update the example script.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Sorry just re-read my post and see I forgot to finish the sentence doh!  Meant to say that _AD_Open doesn't work with userPrincipalName attribute, I've only got it to work with samAccountName or samAccountName + @LogonDNSDomain, however this is different from the UPN.  Unfortunately it's meant I've had to use PowerShell more to merge AD/Azure report data, previously when we were on-premise only, just used the AD UDF for reporting.

Changing DC allowed me to use UPN with _AD_Open() however still have issues when merging AD/Azure report data, unless I use a filter e.g. based on Azure report read to an array.

_AD_GetObjectsInOU("", "(&(&(objectcategory=person)(objectclass=user)(userPrincipalName=" & $aAzureReport[$i][0] & ")))",...

Edited by Subz

Will have a look what it needs to connect to Azure AD. If it is possible at all :huh:

What error code do you get when trying to connect to Azure AD?

BTW: Seems LDAP does not work with Azure AAD: https://www.securew2.com/blog/use-azure-ad-ldap

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki