AutoIT script freezes when deployed using SCCM

Hi I am attempting to deploy the Western Digital SSD Dashboard via a simple AutoIT script as the installer does not have a silent install function that I have been able to find. I created a very simple script that runs the program, and clicks install, and tells it to not run after installation. The issue I am running into is that when I deploy it via SCCM the script starts the installer but seems to just stop. I have no idea why this is but its just not working as it should. If I run the script manually it works as intended and installs. I have attached the code but have no idea how to troubleshoot or make sure this works 100%. Any ideas?

#RequireAdmin

Run("DashboardSetup.exe")
Sleep(10000)
WinWaitActive("Dashboard Installer") ; Wait for the correct screen to be displayed
ControlClick("Dashboard Installer", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]") ; hack to click the install button
WinWaitActive("Dashboard Installer", "was successfully installed") ; Wait for the installation finished screen to be displayed
ControlClick("Dashboard Installer", "was successfully installed", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:3]") ; hack to click the checkbox
ControlClick("Dashboard Installer", "was successfully installed", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]") ; hack to click the finish button

SCCM runs as SYSTEM without a desktop environment. clicking nonexistent windows wont work therefore.
If the user has admin rights then u can tell SCCM to run the script as logged on user.

Otherwise you could use a EXE to MSI tool and create an MSI out of it and deploy that instead.

14 hours ago, crackdonalds said:

SCCM runs as SYSTEM without a desktop environment. clicking nonexistent windows wont work therefore.
If the user has admin rights then u can tell SCCM to run the script as logged on user.

Otherwise you could use a EXE to MSI tool and create an MSI out of it and deploy that instead.

How would I tell SCCM to run as the logged in user? I would convert it to a MSI but the application does not have any silent install commands. I have enabled the option for "Allow the User to view and interact with the installation" selected.

9 hours ago, reactiveblaze said:

How would I tell SCCM to run as the logged in user? I would convert it to a MSI but the application does not have any silent install commands. I have enabled the option for "Allow the User to view and interact with the installation" selected.

Go to the properties of the application in SCCM and then go to the "User Experience" tab. Select "Install for user" at "installation behavior".

Alternatively you could use software like EMCO MSI builder. It will record the changes made by the EXE installer and then you can deploy it silently as MSI.
You would probably want to do that on a clean PC.

11 hours ago, crackdonalds said:

Go to the properties of the application in SCCM and then go to the "User Experience" tab. Select "Install for user" at "installation behavior".

Alternatively you could use software like EMCO MSI builder. It will record the changes made by the EXE installer and then you can deploy it silently as MSI.
You would probably want to do that on a clean PC.

I think changing it to install for user has done the trick as since these machines are on a work group and have admin perms they works as intended.

On 11/26/2021 at 4:47 PM, jguinch said:

Depending of your SCCM version, you also can use the Allow users to view and interact with the program installation checkbox in the User Experience tab.

This option is indeed checked but today when I added the other machines it did not install and click the buttons correctly. I remember when I was trying to install this software I had to do a janky work around where I had it type out the path to the file in a run box and that seemed to fix it. maybe I can make that work but I have to figure out how to copy it to a temp folder.