UI Automation is amazing, what bothered me immediately though, was the lack of functions in LarsJ's approach. This is UDF tries to wrap up his approach into functions. LarsJ put a ton of work into making simple examples and I was eventually able to follow along. I highly suggest reading through at least some of those examples before starting here.

When I was writing all of the functions, I started to notice more repetition and it started to remind me of the AutoIt window format of "TITLE:Window Name;CLASS:Window Class". I abstracted the functions one step further by parsing the simpler conditions from text, resulting in two methods to create them. See the examples file for more details.

I've been working on this for a few years and finally decided that it was good enough that it might be helpful for someone. There won't likely be too many more updates from me as I don't use it much anymore, but I'll be happy to accept pull-requests or suggestions :) 

The UDF is hosted on GitHub: https://github.com/seadoggie01/UI-SimpleWrappers

Edited by seadoggie01

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager

• seadoggie01 changed the title to UI-SimpleWrappers UDF

Great work, I was doing this myself when I was working on an automation project for work, I didn't get very far and basically only did what I needed with no documentation aside from the code itself.

Kudos for doing all the dirty work and making it a neat little package, I am sure a lot of people would find it very useful, maybe @LarsJ and @junkew could drop a mention of your UDF in their respective topics :)

By the way, you should consider applying a proper license to your code. By default copyright applies to anything you make, especially if it is a major part of something, I'd recommend something like the MIT license which requires credit but aside from that the end-user can do whatever they want.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Nice to see more examples of using UIA.

We should merge it at a certain time 😉 

Some of the stuff you wrote is also in the UIAWrappers and simplespy tried to give simple code but you have to read the code so lack of documentation makes it hard although all is in the examples written around and in the lenghty thread.

I never came further then V0.70 and after that I have seen @LarsJ giving excelent examples and continued with the latest definitions for W8 and W10 with an excellent spying tool that gives bits and pieces of code generation.

As you said UIA automation is amazing but a challenging framework (just as webdriver or playwright or ....)

Haha.... I and @Danyfirex we did something similar.... WIP.

I post it here tomorrow.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 for other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2022-03-07

14 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

you should consider applying a proper license

Ew, but I completely understand and it's updated :P

9 hours ago, junkew said:

We should merge it at a certain time 😉 

I'd be very happy to do that, especially as I was unable to get a few pieces working, like TreeViews and Conditional Arrays. And I'm sure you have some higher level functions that would make this entire thing a lot simpler... I just struggled to get your code working when I was getting started :)

And I'd be happy to merge with you too, @mLipok. Now I wish I'd posted this all a bit sooner!

All my code provided is Public Domain... but it may not work. ;) Use it, change it, break it, whatever you want.

Spoiler

My Humble Contributions:
Personal Function Documentation - A personal HelpFile for your functions
Acro.au3 UDF - Automating Acrobat Pro
ToDo Finder - Find #ToDo: lines in your scripts
UI-SimpleWrappers UDF - Use UI Automation more Simply-er
KeePass UDF - Automate KeePass, a password manager

On 12/3/2021 at 9:44 PM, mLipok said:

Haha.... I and @Danyfirex we did something similar.... WIP.

I post it here tomorrow.

As I said I had a need to do some stuff .
It was simple Click Yes/No/Cancel/Ok on NetFrameworks GUI.

Example:

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n ; If target application is running as 32 bit code
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_AU3Check=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7

#include "UIASimple.au3"

_Test()

Func _Test()
    _Log_SetOutputFunction(__UIASimple_ConsoleWrite)
    Local $sTitle = "YOURS WINDOW TITLE TO FIND"
    Local $sText = "YOURS EXACT TEXT TO FIND IN THE WINDOW"
    If _UIASimple_WinExist($sTitle, $sText) Then
        _UIASimple_YesNo($sTitle, $sText, "Yes")
        MsgBox($MB_OK + $MB_TOPMOST + $MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Information #" & @ScriptLineNumber, "Exist" & @CRLF & $sTitle & @CRLF & $sText)
    Else
        MsgBox($MB_OK + $MB_TOPMOST + $MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Information #" & @ScriptLineNumber, "Not Exist" & @CRLF & $sTitle & @CRLF & $sText)
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>_Test

As I said I work on this project for my needs together with @Danyfirex so the real author of this UAISimple.au3 UDF is @Danyfirex

btw. it uses my ErrorLog.au3

UIASimple.au3

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 for other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2022-03-07