Nonexistent function

Bench

When I am browsing through various scripts, I see functions like DllStructCreate, TCPListen, TCPSend, TCPAccept and so on. There is no word about such finctions in my AutoIt Help file and I tried some stuff and I got "Function doesn't exists" error message. What am I doing wrong???

[right]Software is like sex - it's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)[/right]

When I am browsing through various scripts, I see functions like DllStructCreate, TCPListen, TCPSend, TCPAccept and so on. There is no word about such finctions in my AutoIt Help file and I tried some stuff and I got "Function doesn't exists" error message. What am I doing wrong???

A lot of that functions only exist in the Beta versions. You can obtain the Beta versions by following the link in my signature.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

But I'd like to use these functions (especially TCP... functions) in my scripts. Will next release support these functions? Next question - when I'll make .exe from such script, will it function on other systems? And the last question - are these functions included in beta version's help? If not, where I can get list of all these functions and their syntax?

I am author of Invertor and I am creating another logical game, this time for two players and I'd like to support network game. If AutoIt will not support TCP functions, I cannot include source code.

Thanx for help.

[right]Software is like sex - it's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)[/right]

But I'd like to use these functions (especially TCP... functions) in my scripts. Will next release support these functions? Next question - when I'll make .exe from such script, will it function on other systems? And the last question - are these functions included in beta version's help? If not, where I can get list of all these functions and their syntax?

I am author of Invertor and I am creating another logical game, this time for two players and I'd like to support network game. If AutoIt will not support TCP functions, I cannot include source code.

Thanx for help.

You can use these functions in your scripts by downloading the beta version.

The next release will support these functions but you may have to wait a long time for it.

If you compile the script it will run on other windows systems.

If you download the beta version the help file that comes with it explains their use etc.

I liked your game but I cant get past 6 x 6.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

XOXXOX
OXXXXO
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
OXXXXO
XOXXOX

X means: click on this field

O means: ignore this field

I have another two questions:

1. Is there some possibility to enable event mode on TCP (I am listening and I want to raise event, when I am contacted)?

2. With which utility are you compiling your help file? I tried some free utilities (like Help Maker), but I had a problems with them (for example setting colors and so on).