AutoIt 3.2?

Seems as I peruse the v3 Support forum, that about half or a little more than half of the solutions proposed rely on Beta version features for resolution. Since many of us are using AutoIt for production work, are all these vital features coming out in a non-beta release soon? I see 3.1.1 is dated 07Apr05, which is not very old at all, but the new features appear to be important to the AutoIt community, considering how many problem resolutions depend on them.

Give us lowly end users at hint at a timeline?

:lmao:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Look at the Bug Forum, especially the Open bugs. This should give you an answer of reason vs. time. The next release should be ready when it is indeed stable. It is pointless to release a unstable version where script breaking changes may affect a vast amount of the public when it can be avoided.

Seems as I peruse the v3 Support forum, that about half or a little more than half of the solutions proposed rely on Beta version features for resolution. Since many of us are using AutoIt for production work, are all these vital features coming out in a non-beta release soon? I see 3.1.1 is dated 07Apr05, which is not very old at all, but the new features appear to be important to the AutoIt community, considering how many problem resolutions depend on them.

Give us lowly end users at hint at a timeline?

:lmao:

so you know, you may get a couple of flames for this, just because it's been asked alot, but don't worry about it. The last time it was brought up, i believe the answer was something along the lines of

'when jon has the time to put together another release and we're satisfied that all open bugs have received necessary attention'

basically it'll be released as soon as it's done, and the beta is available in the interim, which has all of the additional functionality.

so you know, you may get a couple of flames for this, just because it's been asked alot, but don't worry about it. The last time it was brought up, i believe the answer was something along the lines of

'when jon has the time to put together another release and we're satisfied that all open bugs have received necessary attention'

basically it'll be released as soon as it's done, and the beta is available in the interim, which has all of the additional functionality.

Flames don't scare me, just check the hair! :lmao:

But all seriousness aside, a great and active project like AutoIt will, of course, NEVER have every bug and wishlist finished. I fully appreciate that the developers are working their butts off on it (I can tell from the quality of what I'm using right now), but my point was that the Gurus are getting to the point that they can't provide solutions to many of the problems in 'V3 Support' without calling on Beta features. Some users may not want to, or may not be allowed to, implement things based on Beta versions, so those solutions don't work for them.

All those Beta references mean a lot of great work is being on some very cool features. I was just hoping they might be able to say something like they have frozen the feature set for 3.1.2, and will put out a release candidate soon when the bugs on those features a squished. Of course, AutoIt didn't get this far without the developers understanding things like that, so the question is asked out of curiosity and interest, not criticism.

;)

PS - Love MHZ's icon of 'End of the Trail'. I saw the original statue as a kid, and it still gets me choked up when I see it.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law