PixelChecksum information...

Fairly new Autoit user here, please forgive me if this question seems dumb. :lmao:

If the screen settings (display size and color depth) were constant between two computers,

would different video cards/processors/(anything else internal to the computer) affect the checksum generated?

Thanks.

Brad

• Moderators

Resolution setting would... if you got the sums in 32 bit as example, and the other computer is operating at 16 bit resolution.

Using the correct Opt('PixelCoordMode', number) helps too.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Okay, thanks for answering...I am looking to purchase a computer which will run an AutoIt script (seems backwards huh, usually you have the computer first...) and I've spent about 60 hours programming in all of the pixelchecksums on one computer. So I don't have to buy a computer with the same graphics card or processor, just as long as the cards can handle the same color setting (32-bit) and the same resolution (1600x1200) ?

Thanks,

Brad

• Moderators

Okay, thanks for answering...I am looking to purchase a computer which will run an AutoIt script (seems backwards huh, usually you have the computer first...) and I've spent about 60 hours programming in all of the pixelchecksums on one computer. So I don't have to buy a computer with the same graphics card or processor, just as long as the cards can handle the same color setting (32-bit) and the same resolution (1600x1200) ?

Thanks,

Brad

I can think of only one reason why you would purchase a stand alone computer to use autoit scripts on :lmao: . If you are generating in 32 bit the pixelsums, and use the correct Opt('PixelCoordMode') as I stated above, then you should be fine.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.