Can't work with the SCITE

foonix17

hello 

i have just downloaded autoit software and installed that in my computer.

but the scite have with different menu showing with the grey as non actived function order by the Tools dropdown

they have with color grey with the name of function order feature/menu

phpFFrJyVAM.jpg.69d05f1929c77b41109e927887e6e3a3.jpg\\

can not work with the function order of Compile, Build , Clean and Go to sees work of my script.

the last time i worked with the scite was 8 months ago and those menu below the Tools tree are still active i can use them

please help 

• Developers

That is a pretty bad picture but to me it shows it is not doing any Syntax colors so you either have messed up the config files (*.properties) or it is NOT an *.au3 file name.
Better / more accurate details are required when more help is required! ;) 

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/processed/phpffY4xPAM.jpg

the name/text of the feature below/inside the Tools tree showing with different color with rest below the Go function 

i can not click on it to see function like seeing the work of script with the Go function or F5 hotkey

the script file already named/saved with name and the scripts are correct 

now i will try to see old version of software as the last time work with the softtware was about 8 months ago and the feature was working fine.

• Developers

As States...  That is not a file with and autoit3 file extensions. 😉

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

i have just created the file and saved with that name 

the system as was as of the same as 8 months ago must automatically put the suffix of au3 with the file.

i just need to find out why the menu have with no functionality to use with the work on file.

please try to uninstall yours of autoit software and use one of the new release 3.3.15 or 16 and see below the Tools tree there have with grey colored menu name and also the hotkey we can not work to call them 

or else i will try to find older version of autoit software that those have with complete functionality as of as 8 months ago i used as last to work with the scite.

• Moderators

foonix17,

If I open a non-au3 file in SciTE I get exactly the same greyed-out menu items as you - which is the way SciTE has operated since I began using AutoIt and SciTE back in 2008. And any file saved from SciTE has always been saved automatically with an au3 extension - unless I changed the "Save As" dialog default. Do you get the ".au3" default extension when saving a new file?

M23

Et je vois que ton IP est en France. Tu peux repondre en francais si tu preferes - ton anglais n'est pas le plus facile a comprendre!

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

oh yes thank you 

now i can see the menu shown with complete function 

that i have to type also suffix of au3 at the end of file to save and run with the scite

last time i worked with scite was 8 months ago with windows 10 and it was fine.

thank you for help

i will type the suffix my self with the script file

greeting,

foonix17

• Developers
4 minutes ago, foonix17 said:

hello how about now the file already given with suffix au3 but the scite never gives with complete function menu

please consider reason.

waiting,

Define what you mean with that statement:

• What is missing?
  • Does compile& run work?
  • Which version of SciTE are you running? (Check in Help/About SciTE)
  • Show me the whole output in the SciTE output pane when you do a run of a script.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Not enough info and I am missing my Clairvoyance skills today   .... so try again and this time put some effort in showing the issue!  ;) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

i had tried to download scite 4 as by the signature and its work

the looks of the template is one as seen last 8 months ago

the one works without complete function is one with black colored font with the script

is that scite lite?

but one with bundle portable gives with multi color on scrpits switches 

its work as given complete function on menu

thank you for help

greeting,

foonix