copy/paste input box hotkey

hmRaggy

I'm looking to make an inputbox thats like a clipboard type thing. So say you have your little input box and everytime you press f1 you want it to take whatever is written into the input box, and type it out. I would very much appreciate it if someone could give me an example. I have tried to no avail. I am a bit of a noob scripter. I don't have my example on me at the moment, I am currently at work. I have been working on a project that will take care of alot of needless typing on this aincent software I have at work. And I have gotten alot done with the hotkeys, but I would like to remove all need to touch the stupid program at work with the new GUI window I have been working on. And currently I just need an example of how to take an input box and make it do a copy/paste type thing. I have tried to set up the input box as a variable, and send the variable through the Send("$var") type thingy and several other methods. But my noobish ways only carry me so far untill I need some assistance.

Please send me an example or two,

Raggy

I'm looking to make an inputbox thats like a clipboard type thing. So say you have your little input box and everytime you press f1 you want it to take whatever is written into the input box, and type it out. I would very much appreciate it if someone could give me an example. I have tried to no avail. I am a bit of a noob scripter. I don't have my example on me at the moment, I am currently at work. I have been working on a project that will take care of alot of needless typing on this aincent software I have at work. And I have gotten alot done with the hotkeys, but I would like to remove all need to touch the stupid program at work with the new GUI window I have been working on. And currently I just need an example of how to take an input box and make it do a copy/paste type thing. I have tried to set up the input box as a variable, and send the variable through the Send("$var") type thingy and several other methods. But my noobish ways only carry me so far untill I need some assistance.

Please send me an example or two,

Raggy

Here is an example using ClipPut and ClipGet

$value = InputBox("Input Box","Type what you want")
ClipPut($value)
$bak = ClipGet()
MsgBox(0, "Clipboard contains:", $bak)

Edit - Example 2

$value = InputBox("Input Box","Type what you want")
ClipPut($value)
$bak = ClipGet()
Run("Notepad.exe", "C:\WINDOWS", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
ProcessWait("notepad.exe")
controlsend ("Untitled", "", "Edit1", $bak)
Edited by BigDod

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother