Can I use GuiRegisterMsg to read a message from SCITE?

BigDaddyO

Hello,

I was reading in the Chat section and I noticed a command mentioned that I had never heard of before. GuiRegisterMsg. I am wondering if I could use this option to trap when a custom Right click menu option is selected within SciTE?

I tried playing around with it but I can't seem to get it working.

I just want the click to be seen by my script so I can then retrieve some selected text via my script.

To see more info on what I'm trying to do click Here

Many Thanks,

Mike

• Developers

Hello,

I was reading in the Chat section and I noticed a command mentioned that I had never heard of before. GuiRegisterMsg. I am wondering if I could use this option to trap when a custom Right click menu option is selected within SciTE?

I tried playing around with it but I can't seem to get it working.

I just want the click to be seen by my script so I can then retrieve some selected text via my script.

To see more info on what I'm trying to do click Here

Many Thanks,

Mike

Maybe Iam approaching this too simple, but why don't you just generate a file with the "demo.exe" script?

Then the only thing you need to do in your Snippet program is to check for the existance of this file and when its there, read it, process the content and remove the file ....

:lmao:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Maybe Iam approaching this too simple, but why don't you just generate a file with the "demo.exe" script?

Then the only thing you need to do in your Snippet program is to check for the existance of this file and when its there, read it, process the content and remove the file ....

;)

:"> um, Yea, that might work too... :lmao:

Still, it would have been cool to intercept the message.

• Developers

Still, it would have been cool to intercept the message.

Yes.. that too .. :lmao:

SciTE has a pretty nice Director interface which enables external program to "Talk" to SciTE.

Funcpopup is using that mechanism but its kinda complex to get started....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)