Checking if Chrome reached bottom of a page - (Moved)

Hello,

I have the following problem I need to write a script that opens different sites in the tabbar of Chrome, scrolls down each site and switches everytime,  it reached the bottom of a page. So far I managed it to open the sites and switch between them but my script right now is just depending on a specific time to switch which is unfortunate because the sites are not the same length So there is a difference in the waiting time between the sites while it still tries to scroll down. 

Because I'm new to autoit I don't know for sure if there is a function that could tell me if Chrome reached the bottom of a site like I found with getScrollPos in C++ .

• Developers

Moved to the appropriate AutoIt General Help and Support forum, as the Developer General Discussion forum very clearly states:

General development and scripting discussions.

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support or AutoIt Technical Discussion forums.

Moderation Team

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

One way would be to use WebDriver and execute JavaScript to get the height of the document and compare it with the position of the scroll bar (or something similar) .

That seems to work quite well :

Local $JS_ScrollTop = Json_Decode(_WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, 'return document.documentElement.scrollTop;'))
Local $JS_Scr_Height = Json_Decode(_WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, "return screen.height;"))
Local $JS_Doc_Height = Json_Decode(_WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, "return document.body.scrollHeight;"))
Local $JS_Scr_InnerHeight = Json_Decode(_WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, "return window.innerHeight;"))

ConsoleWrite("ScrollTop " & Json_Get($JS_ScrollTop, "[value]") & @CRLF & _
  "Scr_Height " & Json_Get($JS_Scr_Height, "[value]") & @CRLF & _
  "Doc_Height " & Json_Get($JS_Doc_Height, "[value]") & @CRLF & _
  "Scr_InnerHeight " & Json_Get($JS_Scr_InnerHeight, "[value]") & @CRLF)

Local $iScrollTop = Number(Json_Get($JS_ScrollTop, "[value]"))
Local $iDocHeight = Number(Json_Get($JS_Doc_Height, "[value]"))
Local $iInnerHeight = Number(Json_Get($JS_Scr_InnerHeight, "[value]"))

If $iScrollTop + $iInnerHeight >= $iDocHeight Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "You are", "at the bottom")

@NineYou could use an array to eliminate the repeated calls to _WD_ExecuteScript --

$sScript = "return new Array(document.documentElement.scrollTop, screen.height, document.body.scrollHeight, window.innerHeight);"
$aResults = _WD_ExecuteScript($sSession, $sScript, $_WD_EmptyDict, Default, $_WD_JSON_Value)

I'm wondering if this could be done with one of the _GuiScrollBars functions.

30 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

I'm wondering if this could be done with one of the _GuiScrollBars functions.

I tried it but it doesn't work.  I do believe that the scroll bars are not standard Window elements (like pretty much everything else in Chrome).

33 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

You could use an array to eliminate the repeated calls

Thanks for the tip.  As you can see, I am not a JS wizard...