Script that uses a lot of mouse click coordinates

Go to solution Solved by Nine,

I'm writing a script that uses a lot of specific mouse clicks to automate tasks on my browser, server system, and email software for work.
Sometimes the system gets updated or someone drags a handle to the left or right and I have to put in new mouse click coordinates.

It would be a lot more easy to label them and put them in some sort of ini file, but then i have to load every X and Y (and sometimes mouse speed) into a variable
when loading the script.

How would you guys go about such a script, any ideas on how to store and load lot's of click coordinates from a file?
There are some pixel color checks, sleeps and other code between the mouse clicks too..

Ideas i had so far:
- string replace new coordinates in the main script with another autoit script that uses a crosshair to show every mouse position.
- manually write an ini file and load every X, Y, Speed into a huge number of variables: $Searchinput_X = iniread...., $Searchinput_Yiniread...., $Searchinput_Speed = iniread....
- split a textfile line by line into an array and ignore labels that begin with ";" for example (a bit like a custom ini file)

These all seem somewhat tedious i guess..

• Solution

How about extracting all MouseClick from the au3 file and convert them into a ini file (assuming you can associate each MouseClick to a unique name : maybe by having a comment after the MouseClick naming the action).  Once this is done, you could read the ini file into the new Map var type. Each entry would be a string of three elements (e.g. X|Y|Speed).

20 minutes ago, Nine said:

How about extracting all MouseClick from the au3 file and convert them into a ini file (assuming you can associate each MouseClick to a unique name : maybe by having a comment after the MouseClick naming the action).  Once this is done, you could read the ini file into the new Map var type. Each entry would be a string of three elements (e.g. X|Y|Speed).

You mean like an array of strings "x|y|s" and then split them every time by "|"?

Yes.  You can create a MouseClickEx function that would do that for each action.  You would only need to pass the name of the MouseClick, and it would do all (search map, get the 3 param and click the mouse accordingly).

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

Yes.  You can create a MouseClickEx function that would do that for each action.  You would only need to pass the name of the MouseClick, and it would do all (search map, get the 3 param and click the mouse accordingly).

That's a good idea actually :)

Some kind of lookup table, nice!

2 hours ago, Nine said:

You could add more info into the ini file : button, sleep time after click, number of click, etc...  It would be a very general clicker that way.

unfortunately "maps" are still in beta and unstable..
i have to make some sort of multidimensional array instead, the thing is.. i use filereadtoarray to get an array of elements from a file, those lines need to be split and after that i need to put them all together into a multidimensional array. it's funny, i need a 2D array and a normal array in a loop to fill up the final multidimensional array :p

Local $n = 0, $x = 1, $y = 2, $s = 3
Local $file = FileReadToArray('nxys.txt')
Local $map[@extended][4]
$map_max = @extended-1

For $i = 0 To $map_max
    $split = StringSplit($file[$i], '|', 3)
    $map[$i][$n] = $split[$n]
    $map[$i][$x] = $split[$x]
    $map[$i][$y] = $split[$y]
    $map[$i][$s] = $split[$s]
Next

Func map_mouse_move($name)
    Local $i
    For $i = 0 To $map_max
        If $map[$i][$n] = $name Then
            MouseMove($map[$i][$x], $map[$i][$y], $map[$i][$s])
            Return True
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc

map_mouse_move('test')

nxys.txt:

name|x|y|speed
test|50|100|100

55 minutes ago, TheAutomator said:

unfortunately "maps" are still in beta and unstable.

Wrong, it is prod in 3.3.16.0 and it is stable.

But if array is what you understand more, i guess you should go ahead with it, but you are missing a good opportunity to learn a new approach.

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Wrong, it is prod in 3.3.16.0 and it is stable.

But if array is what you understand more, i guess you should go ahead with it, but you are missing a good opportunity to learn a new approach.

oh really? :blink: i have v3.3.14.5, guess it's not in my version (gonna update now)

Global $position[]
Func position($label, $x, $y, $speed = 10)
    Local $sub[]
    $sub.x = $x
    $sub.y = $y
    $sub.s = $speed
    $position[$label] = $sub
EndFunc

;========================================

;-----FIREFOX-----

position('refresh'          , 95, 65)
position('downloads'        , 1823, 63)
position('pdf drag'         , 1608, 121)
position('pdf drop'         , 1368, 505)

;=================================================

Func mouse_move($name)
    Local $key = $position[$name]
    MouseMove($key.x, $key.y, $key.s)
EndFunc

Func mouse_click($name)
    Local $key = $position[$name]
    MouseClick('main', $key.x, $key.y, 1, $key.s)
EndFunc

mouse_move('refresh')

I included 4 positions as an example, would it be a good idea to read the keys to a variable?
or should I do "mousemove($position[$name].x, $position[$name].y....)"?

If i think correctly, the example code that stores a temp "key" variable would be less work for the cpu right?

Edited by TheAutomator