tutorial scripts not working

Go to solution Solved by Musashi,

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

Don't know how this wrong code made its way into the tutorial. There are no @@ macros and the #include statement is missing the name of the file to include.
Please try:

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
MsgBox($MB_OK, "Tutorial", "Hello World")

You always find the most accurate information in the help file.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Solution
2 hours ago, water said:

There are no @@ macros ...

The @@Macros are used (as far as I know) to format texts in the .chm file. They are not, as @water already wrote,  valid statements in the AutoIt source code.

; wrong syntax :
@@SyntaxHighlighting@@ #include MsgBox($MB_OK, "Tutorial", "Hello World!") @@End@@

They may not have been removed for display as an HTML page in the browser 🤔.

2 hours ago, water said:

You always find the most accurate information in the Help file.

True :).

@kirb :

To open the AutoIt Help in the SciTE Editor press F1 (Caution : the script must have been saved at least once ! ).

If the cursor is located on a valid AutoIt command, help will be displayed directly for this. Otherwise, a general overview will be displayed. Here you can also find the mentioned 'helloworld' tutorial with the correct syntax.

Tutorial.jpg.b5eabe2707916e316ccf47929f0eb082.jpg

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• Developers
16 minutes ago, Musashi said:

The @@Macros are used (as far as I know) to format texts in the .chm file.

Correct....  the build scripts will take the code and put it into SciTE and the export it as HTML to get for proper syntax highlighting/coloring. 😎
@kirb Just ignore those. ;) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Correct....  the build scripts will take the code and put it into SciTE and the export it as HTML to get for proper syntax highlighting/coloring. 😎

Just for curiosity : Like @water, I would be interested to know, why the name of the included file is missing in HTML (but it's not of major importance :)).

Musashi-C64.png

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

• Developers

Looking at the details I am wondering whether the correct version is copied to the Website as we have a  html and web_html subdir. The current build copies html while web_html seems to contain a proper version of the file.

@jpmdo you know this by any chance?  (I haven't been modding with these for a very long time ;) ) 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
1 hour ago, Musashi said:

I would be interested to know, why the name of the included file is missing in HTML

The source is

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

... so the browser will try to interpret the "<....>"  part but not show it. Have a look at the opened page's source. ;) 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

19 hours ago, Jos said:

Looking at the details I am wondering whether the correct version is copied to the Website as we have a  html and web_html subdir. The current build copies html while web_html seems to contain a proper version of the file.

@jpmdo you know this by any chance?  (I haven't been modding with these for a very long time ;) ) 

no modification since a very long time

the .chm is correct so ...

• Developers
2 hours ago, jpm said:

It look like the web_html has not been uploaded but the ;html was

Yep ... that was my point indeed ;) 
So we just need to adapt the upload part of the buildscript to use the appropriate subdir I guess.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.