proper way to update AutoIT

Hi!

I need to upgrade autoit to a newer version on some user PC's via sccm deployment and would like to ask if there is a "proper way" to do this ? 

1. We uninstall previous version via Uninstall.exe and then install a new one.

2. We just run the installation of Autoit and it handle the upgrade itself, so we don't need to uninstall it ?

I tried to do both from the above - and see no difference - but maybe Im missing something

Thanks in advance

• Developers
3 hours ago, bulzone said:

I tried to do both from the above - and see no difference - but maybe Im missing something

That is very likely the case, but with option 2. you always have a chance to leave some "old" unused files when they were renamed.  I always simply upgrade and never uninstall first.. ;) 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos thanks for information - I will try to do some extreme tests maybe :)

One more thing - 
"Compatible with Windows XP SP3 / 2003 SP2 / Vista / 2008 / Windows 7 / 2008 R2 / Windows 8 / 2012 R2" -  Does it mean that AutoIT might not work properly on the W10 / Servers 2016 / 2019 / 22 ? - I installed it with no issues there, I created a simple script and was able to run it, I Run successfully scripts from "Examples".. and now confused.

Thank you