IDE Tool New version Comment end suggesiton popup

• Moderators

ashraful089,

It works for me. What SciTE version are you using - there are several new Beta files around at the moment and you might be using a mix of them.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

ashraful089,

That is AutoIt itself. The problem you show is within the "IDE", a modified version of SciTE, which you can download from the "Resources" link at the top of the page. Jos has recently released a slew of new Beta files, so you might like to download them from the Beta link at the bottom of the linked page.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I can reproduce OP's issue (if I understood his words "...on writing first time...") but it requires a special way of installing 2 different versions, I'll try to explain what shows on my computer as I can reproduce what OP described :

1) Installed version : exe with installer, which creates options in Explorer context menu (Run script, Compile script, Edit script). My installed version is "autoit-v3-setup.exe" dated march 2018, AutoIt version 3.3.14.5 which includes Scite Lite 3.5.4 (dated march 2018)

With this version, when you write a script "for the first time" (i.e. it hasn't been recorded yet), this is what appears while you type a fresh script :

1494310988_sciteliteautoitversion3.3_14.5withinstallator(guide1sttime).png.a9a73df6bb415c50feeeef8e91c99686.png

2) Then you want to install a new version of AutoIt to try it, without overwriting the already existing version and its Explorer associations.
To do this, you download a zip version without installator, for example "beta - autoit-v3.3.16.1-rc2.zip" dated june 2022 (it includes Scite-Lite) and unzip it in a new folder.
Now if you double click on SciTE.exe of this new version (the only way to access the new version) and you start to write a script, this is what you will see :

413072580_sciteliteautoitversiongreaterthan3.3_14.5(noguide1sttime).png.92a9f6c1fef2b3af0768111d18bb1665.png

No "guide" (as OP calls it) appears in the preceding script while typing.

If you record your script and reopen it (with the new version), then the "guide" appears when you add new lines or modify the existing ones !

747393431_sciteliteautoitversiongreaterthan3.3_14.5(guideifalreadyrecorded).png.d3da812ece067c79c44824877ab6d170.png

All versions > 3.3.14.5 installed this way (zip without installator, installation in a new folder each time) won't show the guide if it's a fresh script (i.e. not recorded yet) . Background color is white as shown in the 2 last pics above.

If you install an older version (zip without installator of course, for example 3.3.12.0.zip or any 3.3.14.xxx.zip) then the guide appears while typing a fresh script as in the 1st pic (and colors are same than 1st pic above, selected line is yellow etc...) . So it seems that something has changed after official release 3.3.4.15 (march 2018)

Don't know if it's related, but I kept the following notes from Jos in a txt file, which helped to solve an issue described by someone else, in version 3.3.16.0. Could it be the same kind of issue described by OP which could be solved by adding a couple of line in SciTEGlobal.properties ?

https://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/3885#comment:2

When trying to save the script in SciTE to a file the dropdown of the possible file types/extensions is empty in version v3.3.16.0.
 It work perfectly in v3.3.14.5.

Changed 11 hours ago by Jos 

This statement was missing in the embedded properties in the PE Header:
 save.filter=$(open.filter)

Next version should be ok again, or you have these 2 options:
 1: In SciTE choose "Options/Open Global Options File" and save this line to it :

That worked for me, in 3.3.16.0, creating a file named  SciTEGlobal.properties placed in Scite folder of 3.3.16.0, containing 1 line :

And yes, "Next version should be ok again" as Jos indicated. This fix isn't required in "beta - autoit-v3.3.16.1-rc1.zip" and greater.