Create a quick launch type toolbar (not IE)

twbradio

I have an Autoit program that many of the desktop technicians that I work with really like that allows them to run certain admin programs from a floating toolbar with alternate credentials. It also has a search box that we use to look up people in our company directory. They love it so much that they now insist that I make it more convenient by turning it into a start menu toolbar (like the quick launch bar). :lmao: Any ideas about where to start with this one?

Tom Brown

Anyone have a TRS 80 Model III for sale?

By the way, if the company directory is web-based, you might consider using the Address (toolbar).

TweakUI for XP lets you assign search keywords. For example you could assign the word look to http://people.eku.edu/?search_name=%s&sear...rch&search_by=f

And then type in look Jones in to the Address Bar....

Something like that; I mostly use Firefox, so I don't know what limitations IE has in that regard. The keyword might need to be at least three letters long...

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

By the way, if the company directory is web-based, you might consider using the Address (toolbar).

TweakUI for XP lets you assign search keywords. For example you could assign the word look to http://people.eku.edu/?search_name=%s&sear...rch&search_by=f

And then type in look Jones in to the Address Bar....

Something like that; I mostly use Firefox, so I don't know what limitations IE has in that regard. The keyword might need to be at least three letters long...

I was really looking to make the program dockable ... :-)

Anyone have a TRS 80 Model III for sale?

I was really looking to make the program dockable ... :-)

Not sure if this is what you mean, but you could use Cyberslug's suggestion to create a toolbar with shortcuts, each one of which passes a different argument to your autoit program that does whatever you want it to do.

Then this toolbar could be embedded in your taskbar, floating or docked anywhere on the edge of the screen.