Hook onto program and count

Hi All, 

After my previous post I decided to move away from my first request and try something different, this is just for learning at the moment but may find some use for it down the line, basically I have a task tracker at work (very simple program where you add and remove tasks you do each day etc) what I want is to potentially be able to hook to the program and when I click Complete and the item moves from to do > done, to do a count of that.

In simpler terms I have an email to send, I send it, click complete on my tracker autoit then counts the process of moving from "to do" to "done" and adds +1 to a GUI I will make (which I could look at potentially exporting the data of counts down the line as a way of showing what work has been done). 

Sorry if my explanation isn't great the idea in my head sounded simple putting it into words is another thing. This is a way of me trying to learn hooking more so but also would be useful in my job having something like this and the potential to hook to some of the systems we use which are made from other colleges which are open source would be amazing, having plugins that count ot track activity to them you might say :)

If I need to provide any additional info please let me know but if you one can point me to a guide (iv searched but couldn't find much on this) 

Thanks. 

• Developers
2 minutes ago, Toga said:

If I need to provide any additional info please let me know but if you one can point me to a guide (iv searched but couldn't find much on this) 

Guide for your specific request?  ..   Guess you will have to make that as you develop what it is you like to have! ;) 
...so simply start by reading how to start to develop a script for this and come back when you have a specific question about AutoIt3 itself! 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Haha sorry, I think I'm used to being spoon fed from the other program site (shall not be named) it's made me soft and I can tell here its more "do it yourself" attitude then when you get as far as you can and fail ask for assistance but its right! I should just sit and try and get as far as I can until I hit a point I'm unable to get any further without expert help.